Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Coin Purchases, Slerk

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 2,573Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2022  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice additions.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2654 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2022  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unfortunately, due to recent political events, international online auctions and trading platforms are closed for Russia.
*** Edited by Staff to add Quote tags. [quote][/quote] Please use them in the future. ***

I don't understand, could you explain?
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
764 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2022  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Parklane64,in short. Payment systems do not work abroad due to sanctions. Therefore, I will not be able to pay for anything purchased on foreign sites. If you need more information, write to me in private messages. I don't think it's worth writing more about politics here.
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2022  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't think it's worth writing more about politics here.
Agreed. Thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
764 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday I was at the local numismatics store. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything interesting for myself, what I was interested in was too expensive for this coin.
But these are all small things. I finally finished the set of 2 rubles 2000 dedicated to 55 years of victory.

Leningrad (war machine), Novorossiysk (sailors go on the attack), Tula (workers at the cannon). I hope you understand on which coin which of the cities is depicted.

Learn More...
United States
23674 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are interesting @slerk. I wonder if you could educate me on the significance of the star medal that is located on the left sides of all three reverses. Thx!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
764 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The medal you see to the left of the image is a Gold Star.
It was awarded to cities that during the Great Patriotic War (you know it as World War II) showed special courage and heroism in defense.

"Cities awarded the title of "Hero City" and "Hero Fortress" were awarded the highest award of the USSR the Order of Lenin, the Gold Star medal and the Diploma of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, which were kept in the executive committee of the City Council of People's Deputies. Images of the Order of Lenin and the Gold Star medal were applied to the banner of the city, and an obelisk with the image of the Order of Lenin, the Gold Star medal and the text of the Decree of the Supreme Council was erected in the city itself."

For the first time this award was awarded on May 8 , 1965 - Leningrad (since 1991 Saint Petersburg).

2.Odessa
3.Sevastopol
4.Volgograd (until 1961 Stalingrad)
5.Kyiv
6.Brest Fortress. Awarded the title - fortress-hero.
7.Moscow
8.Kerch
9.Novorossiysk
10.Minsk
11.Tula
12.Murmansk
13.Smolensk

Not all cities got on the coins as some of them are now located in Ukraine, Belaru.
After the joining of Crimea to Russia. In 2017, 2 more coins dedicated to the city of Kerch and Sevastopol were released.
Edited by Slerk
05/02/2022 11:01 pm
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
764 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  02:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I continue my replenishment of the collection. Friends, I seem to be hooked on American silver, and probably any silver in general.

let's start with quarters

1. 25 Cents 1941

2. 25 Cents 1958-D

3. 25 Cents 1964. Yes, I know too many distracting details, but I tried to show the coin and its wear and tear.

4. 10 Cents 1964

5. 1 Dollar 1977-D. How did you guys carry it with you ? It's very heavy. I think if you put these 5 pieces, you can tear your pants

And finally, a little bit of South Korea and Croatia

I'm waiting for another package with a commemorative US coin, so stay tuned)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2193 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  02:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1 Dollar 1977-D. How did you guys carry it with you ?
Amazingly, they did circulate, even if for a short time. I pulled probably a dozen of them out of circulation when I worked at an ice cream parlor in the mid-1970s.
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
5. 1 Dollar 1977-D.
Ah! A glorious Ike!

Quote:
How did you guys carry it with you ? It's very heavy. I think if you put these 5 pieces, you can tear your pants
Not many people did.

They were replaced with the smaller Susan B. Anthony dollars in 1979.

Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
764 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2022  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As promised, the new acquisition of a commemorative US coin.
I would appreciate it if you could tell me more about her.

Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As promised, the new acquisition of a commemorative US coin.
Nice example!

Quote:
I would appreciate it if you could tell me more about her.
I cannot, but commems can!

http://goccf.com/t/118247
http://goccf.com/t/216334
http://goccf.com/t/412730
http://goccf.com/t/421735
http://goccf.com/t/420043
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
764 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  02:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another acquisition. This time it's a Russian coin.
This is 50 kopecks 1927

Edited by Slerk
06/11/2022 02:52 am
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 2,573Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: