Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

February 2022 RCM New Releases

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 3,006Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  08:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Diamond Shaped Forevermark Black Label Round Diamond
3 ounce silver $1,699.95 mintage 700 No GST/HST

Diamond Shaped Forevermark Black Label Round Diamond
PURE GOLD 167.56 grams $19,999.95 mintage 125 No GST/HST

5 ounce Pure Silver with BLUE RHODIUM PLATED Maple leaves in Motion
$649.95 mintage 1,500 NO GST/HST

Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor SILVER DOLLAR
23.17 grams Mintage 50,000 $69.95 (also available as a subscription but no description given as to the rest) NO GST/HST

Pure Silver Proof Set Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor
$234.95 Mintage 20,000 NO GST/HST

One ounce pure silver coin 50Th Anniversary of the Medal of Bravery
$114.95 Mintage 6,000 NO GST/HST

6 coin specimen set----SWIFT FOX
$59.95 mintage 30,000 PLUS TAXES

Pure Gold Coin - EARTH DRAGON (red box)
1.58 grams $268.88 Mintage 8,888 NO GST/HST

One ounce Pure Silver Coin Commemorating Black History: The Underground Railroad (an ode to the Gospel Train)
$99.95 Mintage 5,500 NO GST/HST

One Quarter ounce MOMENTS TO HOLD (first one 50th anniversary of the medal of bravery) 7.96 grams $24.95 NO GST/HST (looks like a subscription series) and you can also buy as a single

That is all for now
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update. Finally the Silver dollar and proof set.
Valued Member
Canada
280 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the list.

Question: why this year's silver dollar (Bell) has a mintage of 50,000, while last year's silver dollar (Bluenose) had a mintage of 30,000?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7519 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now where have I seen that "Moments to Hold" design?

Oh, yeah:

2006 Medal of Bravery SD w/ Enamel Enhancement

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1114 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that didn't last long. I just zeroed out my credit card last week; time to make debt a thing again.
(1) Silver Dollar, (2) Silver Proof Set, (3) Specimen Set, & (4) last month's Uncirculated Set.
Valued Member
Canada
280 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems very nice coin with enamel enhancement &.

I just found out that CC&C offers a bonus of "25 cent coin 2006 - Medal of Bravery" for purchasing this month's bravery coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
588 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@atticguy

Our lists are almost identical... I added the Moments to Hold subscription... 3rd year in, OCD requires it and there is always at least one good one in the year.

On a more serious note... the SD design is weak IMHO. I much prefer the design on the $100 gold released last month but won't buy because it is too small to see. I had hoped that the lesson from the UK's attempt at this in 2012 would have been taken to heart but... Were it not to maintain the series...

One good thing is that although Bell died in 1922, this is not celebrating the centenary of his death... rather the 175th anniversary of his birth in 1847.
Valued Member
Canada
313 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tech Tip. If you want to see new releases before your MC level will allow. Google can show you.
May not work for all, but I was able to use this to see a couple new releases. I am using Google Chrome with Google as my search engine.
Google search for one of the new releases, such as "Pure Silver Proof Set Alexander Graham Bell: Great Inventor".
The search may show a mint.ca result. At the moment, when I click on the mint.ca search result it takes me to the RCM website, but shows the message
"Sorry, the page you are trying to view is exclusively available to Masters Club Diamond Members."
Backup to the search. When looking at the results in the Google search, next to the mint.ca web address you'll see three dots, one on top of each other. Click on the dots. Look for the option to select Cached. Bingo, there is the mint.ca website showing the coin/set searched for. You can view the different images, but can't use the Add to Cart.
I didn't try them all, but it did work for me to view the set and the dollar.
Canada
19 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the new 2022 Medal of Bravery is a 38mm coin, not the 36mm that the 2006 is.

Good for me, and probably others, as I don't need to purchase it to complete my silver dollar collection.

Pillar of the Community
560 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rjlavoie
Cheers for the tip. works great. :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2891 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, where did the 1500 Blue Rhodium Maple Leaves go? Hard to believe that the 1500 coins sold out in one day.

It was the only coin I wanted and now put on a waitlist.

Getting fed up with not getting coins even though spending a lot to reach Prestige Status. What is the point of spending thousands to get higher status and a rep when you can't get a coin with 1500 mintage.

I have a better chance of getting coins from other dealers.

Edited by MoneyPenney
01/26/2022 03:04 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7519 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like the new 2022 Medal of Bravery is a 38mm coin, not the 36mm that the 2006 is.

Yes, definitely a different size/form factor! Not part of the 36 mm SD series!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
01/26/2022 05:25 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
675 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
On a more serious note... the SD design is weak IMHO. I much prefer the design on the $100 gold released last month but won't buy because it is too small to see.

100% agree with vonigohcr. The $100 gold design is perfect and deserves a larger format. It would be great (and very educational) on a circulation toonie.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7519 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too am not a fan of the new SD's design. It is currently among my personal "Bottom 5" of SD designs.

That said, I won't pass final judgement until I can review the coin in hand - it might look better!

Pillar of the Community
560 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MoneyPenney

IMO. Probably most of them went to dealers and a big chunk went to The Coin Show (Steven Bromberg). Check with TSC On Tuesday morning (midnight).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimper

tis funny but I received a notice from CC&C yesterday's new february releases and the Blue Rhodium 5 ounce coin was already sold out. Talk about the games that are played. I managed to get from the RCM because I am diamond; otherwise, I would have to wait for TSC or CC&C putting it back in stock when no longer 3 times points.
Edited by New1954
01/26/2022 12:24 pm
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 3,006Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: