Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

February 2022 RCM New Releases

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 3,001Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
588 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hard to believe that the 1500 coins sold out in one day.

Not really. One thing that is not clear is when the RCM issue a commissioned coin The " Peace dollar" series for the last few years has been commissioned and as such only a small portion of the mintage goes to the RCM sales channel. This contributes to the reason the Peace $ sells out so quickly. Imagine a mintage of 1,500 where 1,000 or even 750 units are spoken for and only 500-750 available for the RCM... Given dealer commitments etc, it doesn't really surprise me that this went quickly. Add to that the desirability of Selective Rhodium plating... Unlike Selective Gold Plating, Rhodium is still fairly uncommon from the RCM.

The RCM, unlike many online retailers, don't maintain a count of items remaining to sell... All you know is it goes from Available -> Awaiting Stock -> Sold Out... Maybe a few returns clear out waiting lists or show up in "Back in Stock"... You only get the % sold notification on items that don't move quickly.

So a couple of assumptions...
1) This is a commissioned coin with a high pre-allocation
2) There are dealer commitments
3) Rhodium is sufficiently uncommon to raise the profile of yet another derivative (and dare I say boring) Maple Leaf issue.

All this leads to 1,500 selling out on Day 1 of MC availability.
Edited by vonigohcr
01/26/2022 1:14 pm
Canada
19 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has the Pysanka not been a February release. No more Pysanka coins?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1114 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  4:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I managed to get from the RCM because I am diamond
? How can you be at diamond level already? You had to have bought over ten thousand dollars from the RCM in the first three weeks of this year. I thought everybody goes back to ZERO on January 1st.
Canada
19 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

@atticguy

Quote:
? How can you be at diamond level already? You had to have bought over ten thousand dollars from the RCM in the first three weeks of this year. I thought everybody goes back to ZERO on January 1st.

You keep your MC level for the following year.
Edited by applesauced
01/26/2022 4:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
588 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You keep your MC level for the following year.

When you reach a MC level, you retain that level until December of the following year... Let's say you hit Diamond in August 2020... and purchase nothing else... your Diamond status will expire in December of 2021. In this way it is the same as Airline frequent flyer status...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
588 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Has the Pysanka not been a February release. No more Pysanka coins?

Don't know... Not a given, the SD and Proof Set are usually a January release but they were deferred to February this year. Transparency on the RCM release schedule is a gripe often commented on... At least by me
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2891 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigoher, thanks for your excellent explanation for the Blue Rhodium coin. I understand the RCM need to allot some of their coins to dealers but perhaps they should reserve a bigger portion of coins to MC members because they pay the full amount while dealers get a discount.

Still, the allotment for MC members sold out pretty fast. Does this mean there are a lot of Diamond MC members or did Diamond members bought multiple coins?
Pillar of the Community
560 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  02:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MoneyPenney
I still think that many have gone to dealers and the coin show. We will know for sure next week.
Canada
19 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Blue Rhodium 5oz Maple Leaves available at CC&C for VIP access.

Limit 1 per household.

I guess we'll see how fast they go.
Edited by applesauced
01/27/2022 11:30 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2891 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@applesauced. Thanks for the tip. I was able to order one at 9:00 am PST. It sold out when I checked again 1/2 hour later.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7519 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I understand the RCM need to allot some of their coins to dealers but perhaps they should reserve a bigger portion of coins to MC members because they pay the full amount while dealers get a discount.

Overall, dealers buy more product from the Mint than do MC members. Gotta keep 'em happy!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
313 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2022  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the moment, Feb 1, 6:08am EST, TSC has 8 of the 2022 $50 Fine Silver Coin Maple Leaves in Motion with Blue Rhodium Plating available. 12 easy pay option. Also, a popular cashback service is giving 3% back.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2022  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rjavoie

Sheesh....already SOLD OUT on TSC
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
588 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2022  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I understand the RCM need to allot some of their coins to dealers but perhaps they should reserve a bigger portion of coins to MC members because they pay the full amount while dealers get a discount.

I had a discussion with my LCS owner and he was not very happy with the RCM direct sales. His volume is not high and he gets a very small discount... insufficient to really make any money. He makes his cash on non-current year NCLT, foreign issues, bullion and Circulating coins. He will not bring in high cost NCLT without a specific customer order because it just doesn't move fast enough... Sinking $4,000 in an ounce of gold that will sit on the shelf for 18 months is not a great business... especially since he will ultimately have to discount and consume his discount. His opinion is similar to that voiced by many on this forum... Too many issues, too many similar and derivative designs and no compelling demand from the community.

It got significantly worse with the $20 for $20 direct sales model and has never really recovered. He also has a large amount of post 2010 Silver that sits on the shelf and doesn't move even with hefty discounts from original list. He brings in the annual standards... Unc Sets, SD, Proof Set, Spec Set etc.

I think the RCM is managing a fine line between direct sales and dealer sales, trying to keep both happy, especially in light of lower mintage or lower availability coins. They don't always get it right and it is easy to criticize but it is good to see at least one or two issues selling out as that reinforces the perception of robust demand in the hobby. Many compare to Franklin Mint... remember when that was a booming business that ultimately failed because they were a) too expensive, b) too derivative, c) too available and essentially.. not collectible, (Yes I know Franklin Mint is still around but it has been nothing but a shell since the turn of the century.) It would not be good to see the NCLT division of the RCM go that route and the odd sell out is a good thing. It may even keep the LCS and OCS (Online Coin Store) engaged.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
978 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2022  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have any of you folks seen the Specimen set in hand? The Mint site shows the toonie as the new version. Not the old version which was the last one going. I hope it's just another Mint misrepresentation as I want to keep the old style years going. I hope the PO has one, I'm headed there today. Keep you posted.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 48 / Views: 3,001Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: