Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Women Quarters Sets Delayed

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 51 / Views: 1,589Next Topic
Page: of 4

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  2:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CollectingGuinea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just went to the U.S. mint website to see if there were any updates on the release of this amazing quarter series... and to my surprise they have been not only delayed, but delayed to a TBD date...

Anyone knows why this is happening?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7413 Posts
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectingGuinea to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am guessing a delivery delay, since the circulation, rolls, and bags are all still on schedule.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1667 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably just running behind schedule on striking the proof coins, they were ambitious to have them originally scheduled for Feb.10th to begin with in my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8061 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad someone is looking forward to these. After the 50 States it seemed like the mint was trying to come up with anything they possibly could to put on quarters. I lost interest quickly. But I can understand how someone might have fun looking for all the different designs.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
United States
555 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Glad someone is looking forward to these

Though I'm not directly looking forward to the proof set releases or anything direct from the mint, I am excited for the new designs.

I could argue for days why it's frustrating that we have had the same portraits for so long on our coins, so a change of portrait is awesome to finally see, and a change of reverse into a smaller program (wish it could be a single reverse.... one day ) is nice as well
[Custom 7070 v3.0 WIP] - - - [Custom 7070 v2.0] - - - [Custom 7070 v1.0]
Pillar of the Community
United States
4984 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Glad someone is looking forward to these.

It's funny, I had no interest in these, I lost interest in clad coinage long time ago, but my wife asked me if I was going to get these and I said no. She asks me if "I don't think women should be on coinage". And just like that I'm now on enrollment for the set in silver.

Sometimes you collect just because some one else is interested.
Edited by hfjacinto
01/26/2022 08:18 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7413 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sometimes you collect just because some one else is interested.

..or to avoid the eneviatble argument
.. or to save that marriage
.. or to simply keep the peace in the house..
Pillar of the Community
United States
4984 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
..or to avoid the eneviatble argument
.. or to save that marriage
.. or to simply keep the peace in the house..

Spoken like a person that understands
Learn More...
United States
112197 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7413 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2090 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
She asks me if "I don't think women should be on coinage".

Show her some 19th and early 20th Century coins. Miss Liberty everywhere!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4984 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Show her some 19th and early 20th Century coins. Miss Liberty everywhere!

Miss Liberty although represented by actual woman in the example of Teresa Di Francisci for the Peace dollar or Anna Willess Williams as the model for the Morgan dollar, is really a symbol an idea (like Columbia) but not an actual person. Other than the Sacagawea dollar and the Susan B. Anthony dollar the majority of coin have featured man (mostly ugly and some that are ugly and bald). The release of a quarter portraying real women is the first instance in which a coin used by the masses (Silver dollars and Clad dollars did not circulate widely) will portray a women.

As to my reason for not wanting to initially collect these coins is that I am really not interested in clad coinage. The State Quarters program I really liked as it was a new way to collect, but with the continuation of the ATB and now the Women quarter and then the Sports quarters it gets old. If I'm going to collect these, I would only do silver, hence why I signed up for the Silver enrollment. Not to mention my wife is excited which means I don't have to use my hobby money for these, so its a win/win. I'll do a complete collection (type set), in silver (which is so much better than clad) and I don't have to fund it from my hobby fund. Win all around.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2090 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Miss Liberty although represented by actual woman in the example of Teresa Di Francisci for the Peace dollar or Anna Willess Williams as the model for the Morgan dollar, is really a symbol an idea (like Columbia) but not an actual person.

Very well, how about show her some 19th century coins from Britain featuring different portraits of Victoria? Or perhaps 20th century Dutch coins featuring different portraits of three queens in succession (121 years of female rulers, 1892-2013!). Denmark is another option.
Edited by NumisEd
01/26/2022 1:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4984 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very well, how about show her some 19th century coins from Britain featuring different portraits of Victoria? Or perhaps 20th century Dutch coins featuring different portraits of three queens in succession (121 years of female rulers, 1892-2013!). Denmark is another option.

True but my wife was talking about USA coins. The rest of the world mostly banished ugly old and bald men off of coins and currency. Sadly its still a thing in the US to portray dead men on our coins and currency.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17687 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Happy wife, happy life.

Except when keeping her happy make you miserable.

Quote:
The release of a quarter portraying real women is the first instance in which a coin used by the masses (Silver dollars and Clad dollars did not circulate widely) will portray a women

Queen Isabella on Columbian Exhibition quarter, Virginia Dare Roanoke half dollar, Eunice Shiver Special Olympics dollar, Dolly Madison silver dollar, and if you want to ignore those because they were all commemoratives Helen Keller Alabama State Quarter.
Gary Schmidt
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 51 / Views: 1,589Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: