Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible 1988 D LMC Transitional Die Reverse Of The 1989?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 2,163Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
" I have found two P and one D
John1 "

Quote:
"John1, I was given a Philly version and I have found three Denver versions"

Nothing sadder than anonymous people on the internet having to brag...
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
01/26/2022 12:36 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3243 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  03:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nothing sadder than anonymous people on the internet having to brag...

They are just having fun comparing finds, they aren't bragging.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44673 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CentSation: Not bragging,just wanted to show that I know what I was talking about because I have them in hand.
-makecents- ;I am not sure if I have the die # noted or not. The Denver ones are rarer I know.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4963 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@centstation. My post showing my coin was to help the OP see what the RDV-006 looks like. My reply to John1 was written to show how blessed I was to have found three Denver versions. I gave two of those away.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44673 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,
You gave away 2 Denver minted ones? Very gracious of you.We need more members like you.
I for one do not think I brag about my finds. I have done a lot of researching and learning on what to look for and when I find something really nice, I am proud that I knew enough to keep it. I have found tons of keepers and only a hand full that I am extra proud of finding...just sayin'
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
3243 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have found tons of keepers and only a hand full that I am extra proud of finding...just sayin'

That's certainly the beauty of coin collecting!

Side note, good on you Jim for being so generous! Your kindness shines bright.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4963 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@John1, yes sir. One to E&V and one to the Batman. My cent if memory serves correctly is from die #4.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44673 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see giving away a P minted one,but D minted ones. You deserve this Jim,
John1
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i like to hear what and how many coin finds that people find,it helps me know the more rare ones to look for s thank you for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can fin Many. Those coins do not has big premium and are common. A really collector will not discus with you for those ones. Only in the last time due to super annoncement on Etsy and e-Bay and YouTube by some "super experts" peoples thing they discover again America.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
silviosi, how many of these common coins do you have? Send me a few to go with mine.

LINK https://www.PCGS.com/auctionprices/...049174343583
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Makecents: I will make a jar with your name. PROMISE. You show me an WAM not the transition.
Edited by silviosi
01/28/2022 12:20 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@Makecents: I will make a jar with your name. PROMISE. You show me an WAM not the transition.

silviosi, you send me a jar full of what I gave you a link to and I'll be happy! The "WIDE A M" designation, with the 88 transitional coins, refers to the difference in the thickness and shape of the font, between 88 and 89 and in my opinion, probably should not be referred to as such, it's confusing for many.

Here is a pic from VV, look at the difference in the size of the font between the two and hopefully, you will understand.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2312 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  02:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know this. But the problem it is come some how from the testing and not from transition. You are wright of what you show, but what really it is considered transition?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1713 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You are wright of what you show, but what really it is considered transition?
A transitional variety is when you have an obverse or reverse that improperly paired with an incorrect year, of an opposing die. In this case, it's when you have an 88 obverse paired with an 89 reverse, which should not have happened and the 89 reverse (RDV-006), has thicker font and a flared G.
The confusion comes from the Wide AM reference, which most folks think of with the 98, 99 and 2000 dies, where the distance between the A and the M is wider than it should be. That is not what is going on with the 88 transitional variety.
-makecents-
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 2,163Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: