Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1858 Flying Eagle Double Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 518Next Topic  

United States
16 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  5:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add thecasper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
New to this site, been coin collecting for 30 plus years. I have a 1858 Flying Eagle Large Letters definitely with a Double Date with doubling along profile edges> I'm trying to get pictures but my camera doesn't have the same focus as a 16x loupe.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks Ross
Learn More...
United States
23215 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@the, first welcome to CCF. Second, I'm interested to see what you have there. As you likely know, there seems to be lots of Longacre Doubling on these Indian Head cents. For sure we will know more when you add pics to this thread.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecasper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
/Users/ross/Downloads/IMG_1071 2-ccfopt.jpg/
Users/ross/Downloads/IMG_1005-ccfopt-2.jpg
not sure if these pictures are being downloaded
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67627 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, pics please!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6369 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Go to "Full Reply" and search the links in the Yellow box to find the help you need in optimizing and posting your pictures.

Take your time. It can be frustrating! Been there, done that!

Good luck!

Pillar of the Community
United States
8056 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2022  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2126 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From your file names it looks like you've already run them through the image optimizer, now you just need to post them. Pick "switch to full reply" and select "upload image" below the text box next to the green camera icon.
Learn More...
United States
112152 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

The image you uploaded is corrupted.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecasper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
/Users/ross/Downloads/IMG_1071-ccfopt-3.jpg/
/Users/ross/Downloads/IMG_1005-ccfopt-6.jpg
Ok I already went through tutorial a couple times now,
cropped images under 300K
then saved images that went to my download arrow.
nothing shows up,
meanwhile I have one saved image of nothing in my profile
I cannot delete.
Learn More...
United States
112152 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You need to upload the image to the site after you saved the optimized version of it. I only see one image upload attempt and it is not an optimized image.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecasper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I inadvertently saved a empty file.
Ive entered my Profile and tried to change that,
but I don't see how there is a way for me to sort or delete this mistake,
How do I delete it so maybe it will save something else?
might try to start over.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecasper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope this finally shows this 1858 Double Date Flying Eagle
what is the best way to get the same details on a camera as a 16x loupe?

United States
16 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecasper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two more pics

United States
16 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecasper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
back of 1858 coin

Learn More...
United States
112152 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but I don't see how there is a way for me to sort or delete this mistake,
If you upload a file with the same name on the same day it will overwrite the previous attempt. The next day it will create a new entry. The bad one may get cleared out during maintenance, otherwise it is harmless.

Quote:
I hope this finally shows this 1858 Double Date Flying Eagle
Images are showing!
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 518Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: