Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1978-D Dime Error On Rim In OGP?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 265Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
326 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add amnight to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello! I am wanting to know what kind of damage this coin shows on the obverse(bottom part of the coin) and reverse(area above "STATES") rims? Thank you!

Sorry for coming off as rude. I suffer from anxiety!
Learn More...
United States
23217 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@amn, we see these from time to time. Maybe damage from the crimper//sealer used to create pockets for the individual coins?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amnight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Spence Thank you! That makes sense!
Sorry for coming off as rude. I suffer from anxiety!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You wouldn't think they would have to use that much pressure to seal cellophane.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8031 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I've seen a few examples in mint sets I acquired over the years.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
544 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never seen it quite like the reverse on this one though.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 265Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: