Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1904 O Morgan VAM Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 458Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  7:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MissyLynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I've acquired a 1904 O Morgan in brilliant, possibly uncirculated condition. I will post full photos later. I noticed the date looked a little weird as does In God We Trust. I will get my Canon out later.

And yes. We knew it would happen. Artistically speaking I prefer Morgan dollars and silver eagles with the Peace dollars following closely behind.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67709 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could you show us full pics of both sides?
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MissyLynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After I get the Canon out. I find sometimes that one is better for full pics, but is a booger to get to as I have to set my tripod up on a sewing machine cabinet extension.
Edited by MissyLynn
01/26/2022 7:39 pm
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  10:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MissyLynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have a better image optimizer other than the one that is linked to this site that does not work?
Edited by MissyLynn
01/27/2022 03:27 am
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2022  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MissyLynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Let's see if this works. I had to try 15 times.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MissyLynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody?
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VAMsforMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your photos are not clear enough to determine a VAM. I would start with a normal date placement, and mint mark placed high, right and tilted left.
Pillar of the Community
United States
867 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flag4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

VAM 6 - O mint mark set right and tilted left.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3717 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Date position isn't right for VAM-6. It might be VAM-31, but the pictures need to be sharper.
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VAMsforMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try VAMs-3, 28, 39 Die 1.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MissyLynn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the O I tilted I am not seeing it, however I am not ruling that out...maybe it's slight. However I did observe something in the wreath. It looks like a zip zag...maybe a die break? I don't think it's a clash. Maybe post mint too. I know it may be hard to see but I just don't have the money to spend on a lens right now. I've circled the area where I found this. Note: I keep going back to VAM 6 as a reference. There does seem to be a connection although I'm not certain.

I am leaning toward VAM 28. Something about the eagle's left wing and trust.
Edited by MissyLynn
01/27/2022 10:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1712 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MissyLynn, that is damage. If you are serious about searching VAM's or any other type of variety or error, in any denomination, and want help, the pics need to be clean and clear. There are lots of folks here that would help but you need to help us help you. As for the mint mark placement, you were told above, what it was. Here is your pic rotated correctly, to show you. Orientation is critical too, as are good pics.

You need to read lots of previous threads here and go to VAMWorld 2.0 to do the same. Learn more and get your pic clarity figured out, as I said, many folks to help, if you do this.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
1290 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2022  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chute72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The world class photographers on this web site helped me put together a modestly priced set-up and taught me how to use it.

Sometimes the identification of a VAM may be assisted by recognizing the file lines or die cracks.

Modified drill press.

Edited by Chute72
02/03/2022 12:30 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1712 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2022  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Chute72, I like it! Excellent pics too.
-makecents-
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 458Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: