Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 D Lincoln Memorial Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 500Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  9:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just took this Cent out of a Mint cello pack. The coin is very reflective like a proof would be. Thoughts?

Pillar of the Community
United States
1514 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makes me wonder if extra striking pressure made it get highly reflective?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8068 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first few number of coins minted from a fresh die can have a proof-like appearance. Since Proof coins of this date would be an S mint mark, not a D, I am guessing yours was one of the first from a fresh die.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
United States
6089 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2022  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Earle. It's a beauty,safeguard it from contacts.
Edited by Chase007
01/27/2022 11:15 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17875 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  12:46 am  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice PL Lincoln! GREAT score!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44673 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  05:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Earl nailed it! 2x2 worthy.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1667 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
too bad about that contact mark above the bottom cleft of the C on the reverse otherwise a nice coin but I don't think it makes it into MS68 because of that, and needs to be MS69 to really get anywhere. MS68 would be a break even (maybe) on the grading fee for that date and mm.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17200 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must say , incredible find from a mint set cello . Yes that hit on ''C'' in cent really hurts .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes that hit on "C" in cent really hurts
Not as bad as an open field mark would though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the hit on the C may have been exaggerated some in my first photos. Here is a scope photo of the area.

I would not spend the $ on TPG for this Coin. I did decide to upgrade from storing it in a 2x2 though. I like these little slabs.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
17875 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks GREAT!

That tiny tick on the C is nothing. 68RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
01/28/2022 2:09 pm
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would not spend the $ on TPG for this Coin. I did decide to upgrade from storing it in a 2x2 though. I like these little slabs.
Looking good!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7477 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17875 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some nice examples of 99D's out there. I just went and looked at the pictures of mine. My toner has some PL stuff going on in the devices and a little bit in the fields but not like your coin with those mirror fields.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
01/28/2022 9:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2022  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a Beauty. Your second photo shows the detail in the hair, beard, jacket, so well.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 500Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: