Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$5 Bill With Unique Serial Number 77777379 Condition Value

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 870Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  05:03 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PurplePeach333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I recently came across a 2013 Series 5 dollar bill with a very unique serial number MF 77777379 F. I received it in change from my local Dollar Store believe it or not. I have a couple of questions for anyone who is willing. It's not in pristine shape.

What should I do to sell it quickly? A friend who looked in their book stated its worth 7 thousand dollars new. I don't expect to get anywhere near that. I would love a recommendation of the best way to go about selling it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44709 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  05:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Post a photo here. As to selling it, put it on eBay.7K seems like a lot, what book did they look in? Fancy serial numbers is not my area, but I think it is a near miss and not an actual fancy.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  06:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurplePeach333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will definitely ask which book. Was hoping to use something better than ebay. Serial numbers can be highly sought after. Personally I'd be thrilled to get more than face value. The likely hood of this sequence is 0.03% Definitely cool.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3654 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF.
I believe your friend missed the estimate by three decimal points. Please prove me wrong. Put it on eBay for a quick sale. I'm not sure I'd even keep it if I found it.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurplePeach333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steven Tampa
Thanks for the welcome I gladly accept your opinion as your truth. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you for another. What serial number sequence is lucrative?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44709 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being a near miss fancy note and the poor condition it would Suprise me if you could sell it for more than face value,IMHO.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3654 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What serial number sequence is lucrative?

This website has some great information to what collectors consider as Fancy serial numbers. http://www.coolserialnumbers.com/Fa...Numbers.aspx
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurplePeach333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1,
I figured it was a long shot. The likelyhood of getting 5 numbers in a row out of an 8 digit sequence is about 0.03%. All sevens are pretty cool. I'll let you know if I get $100 or more.
Edited by PurplePeach333
01/28/2022 07:46 am
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  07:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurplePeach333 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
StevenTampa
Thanks for the link I noticed the appraisal portion of he site.
Pillar of the Community
United States
741 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cashhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. . . . . . with Steve and John above. Its only worth what someone will give you for it! IMO if you do sell it on eBay you will likely loose money.

. . . . . . to CCF
Edited by cashhound
01/28/2022 07:55 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67803 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, just a spender for me.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4234 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  09:41 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buys half a meal at Mickey D s these days .
Spend it .
Learn More...
United States
112350 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
14719 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget that there would be 999 in each series where the first 5 numbers are 7 and 999 for every other number that has 5 consecutive
so that would be 9,999 in each series where the first 5 numbers are the same.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
150 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2022  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Orac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's nice, but it's a spender. I's keep it if it were an unused UNC.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2022  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Badwithmoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Drat, I only have $6000 left on my credit line.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 870Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: