Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About Cleaned Vs Circulated Using A 50 Franc Piece.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 322Next Topic  
Valued Member

Italy
316 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2022  11:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

As I learn more about coins I think I can safely say I can detect an obviously cleaned coin...however, I am curious if this 50 franc piece looks cleaned? It slightly confuses me because it has some cartwheel mint luster, which I tried to photograph, but many (many) scratches in the rather large fields, which are more evident in the photo. In my limited experience, cleaning with a brush does not remove toning from small crevices, etc.

Is this coin likely cleaned or heavily circulated?
Any thoughts would be very welcome!

R.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1753 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Id say it looks more cleaned since there is still a bunch of detail remaining. That is still a neat coin there, good eye appeal.
Valued Member
Italy
316 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roma2021 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mrwhatisit . . . I live in Rome and have been finding a lot of these french francs. They seems to sell at reasonable prices and gain little interet from Italian collectors. I agree it's a cool coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 322Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: