Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Is Getting The Women Quarter Silver Proof Set?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 2,194Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
775 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2022  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I may have more of these by buying the limited edition silver proof set in the Fall, depending if the Mint has the planchets to make them and how much the set costs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1409 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2022  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...when the prices went to what they are now I just don't see the value

@hfjacinto - When I was a teen in the 1970's, I purchased a lot of proof sets from the '60's at a really low price, thinking there was no way I could lose money, but learned some years later when I sold them that I should never look at modern proof sets as any type of investment!
I do find them interesting and enjoy having them, however, even knowing that when I eventually sell them I'll most assuredly take a loss, especially on the clad sets...
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2022  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Proof sets in OGP are definitely a secondary interest of mine, but I do enjoy them...
Proof sets are a way for me to fill Dansco albums.

Of course I am starting to "collect" sets now as I wait for Dansco to get caught up on their albums.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13753 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2022  09:24 am  Show Profile   Check Dearborn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll be getting the complete clad and silver proof sets when they come out. Been doing that every year since 1999 when the State Quarter program started.

I have been collecting proof sets ever since the '60's (have them all in consecutive years when they were put out) So, I feel the need to keep it up - at lease until I decide to liquidate my collection.

Quote:
as I wait for Dansco to get caught up on their albums

Good luck with the wait. I'm just making my own for now.
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2022  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Good luck with the wait. I'm just making my own for now.
I am not in a rush. I would rather wait than do have to do it again when Dansco does a better job at design than I did.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5617 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2022  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When I was a teen in the 1970's, I purchased a lot of proof sets from the '60's at a really low price, thinking there was no way I could lose money, but learned some years later when I sold them that I should never look at modern proof sets as any type of investment!
I do find them interesting and enjoy having them, however, even knowing that when I eventually sell them I'll most assuredly take a loss, especially on the clad sets...

Hokie, I started breaking apart the few clad sets I did have. Almost no one collects modern clads and I have no interest in them either. I have a few proofs sets, but they are worth less than I paid, so 0 interest in getting any more from the mint. My local coin shop has the 2000 Uncirculated sets in the $5 and under junk bin, no one wants them.
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2022  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not. I not planning on getting any mint item's this year. Too costly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5617 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2022  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Scheduled for delivery tomorrow! This is an expensive week for me!
Pillar of the Community
United States
775 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2022  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My set came today. They look nice. I don't buy a lot of proof sets. IMO they don't appreciate in value much if at all except for the low mintage sets. But I like the idea of honoring important women in our nation's history and I like silver coins.

Edited by livingwater
04/02/2022 6:31 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5617 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2022  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!!

Mine came in also but no chance to take pictures yet
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13753 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5617 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2022  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to say the mint did a really nice job on this set. I'll take pictures tomorrow but as you can see above they all look the same. I've stopped 2 years ago with clad coinage and honestly silver just looks nicer!
Edited by hfjacinto
04/02/2022 6:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
775 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2022  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to others for posting your pics. I'm glad I got the set.
Edited by livingwater
04/02/2022 6:37 pm
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2022  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sets are looking good!

Looks like I will be seeing my silver set the end of June.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5617 Posts
 Posted 04/03/2022  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally had time to take pictures. I really liked this set, much more than I expected. The coins are very well done. I appreciate a set dedicated to women.

Even the Laura Gardin Fraser's Washington is growing on me. Washington looks more serious and more lifelike compared to John Flanagan's quarter.

Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 2,194Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: