Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible 1856 Flying Eagle Cent? Update: (5/11/22) PCGS Results Are In!

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 90 / Views: 4,680Next Topic
Page: of 6
Learn More...
United States
113400 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The whole fun for me was sending it off and checking the PCGS site multiple times daily for a month. I have tracking on it now and should arrive on Saturday.
The journey, not the destination.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2904 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Check Paul Bulgerin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Paul Bulgerin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

What a fun thread this has been to follow.
Paul Bulgerin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2779 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
8820 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It certainly looks nice in that secure holder.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Learn More...
United States
23664 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There it is. Well done and such an interesting thread to read through again. Thx for posting this @wheat.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
113400 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It certainly looks nice in that secure holder.

It will look great in your collection, WheatBack. Hint, hint.
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking real nice! Hope you are able to purchase for a great deal with all the work you put into it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5110 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Looks nicer than the original pictures. Was it conserved?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1092 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WheatBack, did this coin ever find a home? PM me or email me if not.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dzlxd7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome thread. So glad it worked out. I hope you end up with the coin @ WheatBack. I wish you the best.
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice looking coin.
Learn More...
United States
38583 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  09:51 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone else think PR-50 is low?
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Valued Member
United States
128 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ccaps97 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see this came back positive. It sure looked good to me, but not being qualified to give an opinion therefore I didn't Too many people jump up and say Fake to fast. Great Coin!
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centhound1963 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW!!! So glad this one was real! I don't have one, not sure I would want this one, but what a fantastic, feel good story! Yes, I have been collecting for a very long time, but someone asked a question that I wanted to ask...do they do anything to conserve the coin at PCGS? Meaning, it has to have been in a lot of bare hands, so do they do a mild cleaning of any kind before they seal it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2779 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2022  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never ended up purchasing since it's not really something I collect. The dealer bought it and is in their display case for sale.
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 90 / Views: 4,680Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: