Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Choosing Between A Couple Of Radars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 401Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
973 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2022  1:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These two notes are both in the same condition, they both come from full runs of ten million notes and both are radars that have rather nice serial numbers.
One is strictly a radar note where the other is a radar and repeater.
Which would you choose and in your view is one worth more then the other? TIA.

Cheers, Bill

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69004 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2022  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not keep both?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8850 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2022  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd choose the first.
It's both radar and repeater.
Not only that it's almost a SWIMS.
The second note is just kind of meh, not something I would be interested in buying, only something worth keeping if found.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45160 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2022  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you have to choose just one, I will go with the first one.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
973 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2022  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I own both these notes and will be keeping both for now.
I good friend who also collects was looking at some of my collection and he preferred the HNF6554556 over the other even at the same price (he commented it was a cooler number).
His opinion was that four digit repeaters had little to no value to collectors.
So I thought I'd ask others and see how they felt.

Cheers, Bill
Pillar of the Community
Canada
609 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2022  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add North of 49 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For eye appeal, the first one.
For value, the second.
Best choice, both.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69004 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2022  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both are good keepers.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
648 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  01:44 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your friend goofed - both are 3 digit.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: