Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Big Noodle: Australian 2 Dollar Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 210 / Views: 12,065Next Topic
Page: of 14
Learn More...
United States
118533 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Always nice to see an early date coloured coin on the end of a roll... Even better to find a 2013 purple coronation anywhere in a roll
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1375 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2022  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got 3 Socceroo coins at Woolies today. My noodling has currently been curtailed because a scumbag was using my CC card for rideshare charges in NSW. Still waiting for a replacement CC. Meanwhile my newsgroup downloads have been blocked and I can't pay with Paypal. These cretins need to be hung by the cajones.
Edited by David Graham
09/25/2022 9:39 pm
Learn More...
United States
118533 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
804 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a scumbag was using my CC card

I called them something else and had my CCF account locked for 12 hours.

Quote:
I got 3 Socceroo coins at Woolies today

Did you get them in change or did you buy them?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1375 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Did you get them in change or did you buy them?

Got them in change but I asked the staff member if they could could check the till which they did.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1375 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2022  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks JBuck.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
804 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 177

OMG, the majority of sachets and rolls of two dollar coins I'm receiving these days are all 2022 aboriginal elders. Must have about $2000 dollars worth sitting around. No wonder there is no money left in my bank accounts.

(I don't count full rolls/sachets of "uncirculated" coins on my coins noodled totals as I didn't really noodle them)

Did find a nice 1993 in one of the few rolls that contained old coins:

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 14500
Number of different coins found: 82
Number of coins still to find: 6
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1375 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MMM - What can I say but...
Only because I can totally sympathise with your recent noodling. I have been pulling either absolute crud or stacks of 2022 coins of late and even suspected that you had hoovered all the goodies from the pool of circulating coins.
A case of schadenfreude? Yep. It's nice to know I'm not the only one noodling with poor results. Oh well, hopefully the noodling gods will take pity on us both.
Learn More...
United States
118533 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Did find a nice 1993 in one of the few rolls that contained old coins:
Excellent!
Australia
30 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amateurrollcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh well, hopefully the noodling gods will take pity on us both.

You can say that again! How am I supposed to finish my complete set of lower denomination coinsk now?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
804 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 181

Noodled 24 rolls of two dollar coins.

Whenever the obverse says 2022 I keep hoping when I flip it over it will be a peacekeeping or socceroos coin but it's always just another aboriginal elder.

Even the once plentiful Wiggles coins are drying up.

Upgraded my 1999 with this nice coin:

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 15100

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
579 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  03:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice upgrade!
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Australia
42 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sabrocks69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
loving your collections!
Learn More...
United States
118533 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Upgraded my 1999 with this nice coin:
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
804 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2022  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 185

Noodled 27 rolls of two dollar coins. No new finds but a nice variety of coloured coins:

Quite amazing to think that I've searched through over $30,000 of $2 coins and haven't seen a green olympics or red possum magic.

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 15775

Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 210 / Views: 12,065Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: