Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Big Noodle: Australian 2 Dollar Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 118 / Views: 5,291Next Topic
Page: of 8
Learn More...
United States
114863 Posts
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2022  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Xr8td to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there been lurking for a while and following your progress. This is such a great hobby that I am hoping to start.

I had a quick question for some of you expert noodlers. Is there a place where you can see the image and mintages of each coin so you know what to look for.

I found information on the royal Australian mint website but noticed it was missing, possum magic, wiggles, Mr squiggle and some Olympic coins, all of which are in circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
794 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2022  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I had a quick question for some of you expert noodlers. Is there a place where you can see the image and mintages of each coin so you know what to look for.

The latest Renniks "Australian Coin & Banknotes Value" Book is just out,Pics.,Mintages & Values.A$40 well spent.

I usually use Macca's guide but it looks like he is not going to update it anymore.
Edited by Basil
06/18/2022 8:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4042 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2022  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/in...=&c=&wi=&sw=
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
568 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2022  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I usually use Macca's guide but it looks like he is not going to update it anymore.

Yes that used to me my go-to book as well. Seems he never envisioned the sheer number of commemorative coins that have come out over the last 5 years or so. The guide would be three times bigger than it used to be.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
568 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2022  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 77

Noodled 13 rolls of two dollar coins but didn't find anything new.

You need a big bank-roll to be able to noodle $2 coins in mass quantities.

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 6575
Number of different coins found: 73
Number of coins still to find: 9
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2022  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Xr8td to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks your the links, suggestions and warm welcome everyone

Happy noodling
Pillar of the Community
Australia
568 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 81

All I found today was one of those slightly off-centre coins that some people claim are mules. This one is interesting in that it is off-centre on both sides:

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 6825
Number of different coins found: 73
Number of coins still to find: 9
Learn More...
United States
114863 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1223 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  02:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Noodled a 2022 Elder yesterday so they're out there. Sorry 'bout the out of focus second image.
Edited by David Graham
06/25/2022 02:12 am
Learn More...
United States
114863 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noodled a 2022 Elder yesterday so they're out there.
Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
568 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 85

The exchange machine ran out of the other denominations I am noodling so I got a single roll of $2 to make up the short fall.

And by some kind of miracle I found a coin I was looking for.

2017 rosemary remembrance

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 6850
Number of different coins found: 74
Number of coins still to find: 9 (including 2022 aboriginal elder)
Learn More...
United States
114863 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And by some kind of miracle I found a coin I was looking for. 2017 rosemary remembrance
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
568 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 86

Noodled $700 worth of $2 but didn't find anything I was looking for.

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 7200
Number of different coins found: 74
Number of coins still to find: 9 (including 2022 aboriginal elder)
Learn More...
United States
114863 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noodled $700 worth of $2 but didn't find anything I was looking for.
Bummer.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 118 / Views: 5,291Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: