Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Big Noodle: Australian 2 Dollar Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 163 / Views: 7,989Next Topic
Page: of 11
Valued Member
Australia
124 Posts
 Posted 07/17/2022  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add In2Fish2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting Jen and coaster.
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found some 2022 aboriginal elder coins so at least I've now crossed that off my list.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
700 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2022  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There will be some more $2 Commonwealth Games coins in 2 weeks time to add to your list

Added, thanks jen.

Quote:
you will have to purchase a seven coin folder if you want the four $1 coins as well

Plenty of the dollar coins will end up in circulation. I have noodled multiple sets of all the other Woolworths dollar coins.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
700 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2022  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 109

Noodled a $2000 bag of two dollar coins and only found 3 coloured coins that weren't those bloody Tokyo Olympics and Wiggles coins. (Why anyone would pay more than face value for Woolworths coins is beyond me )

I don't think I'll be finding the remaining coins I'm looking for any time soon.

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 10700
Number of different coins found: 76
Number of coins still to find: 7 10
Pillar of the Community
Germany
808 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2022  01:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why anyone would pay more than face value for Woolworths coins is beyond me

Better condition than from circulation?

Secondly, not everyone has the opportunity to go noodling large numbers of coins.
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2022  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Marketing!

Quote:
I don't think I'll be finding the remaining coins I'm looking for any time soon.
Bummer.
Valued Member
Australia
55 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2022  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jens coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will have another $2 coin to get soon.
In September the RAM are releasing 2022 $2 Al Br Circulating Coin "Lest We Forget 75th Anniversary of Peace Keeping"
Pillar of the Community
Australia
700 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You will have another $2 coin to get soon.

Thanks jen. Glad someone can keep up with all the new releases!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
700 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 129

Noodled 17 rolls of $2 coins.

The earliest coloured coin I found today was dated 2019, and it was one I was looking for:

2019 Repatriation These coins are rarely seen around my way.

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 11125
Number of different coins found: 77
Number of coins still to find: 9
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
420 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find.
I've never come across one, nor the honey bee in the wild. Perhaps I should shop more!!
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The earliest coloured coin I found today was dated 2019, and it was one I was looking for: 2019 Repatriation These coins are rarely seen around my way.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 11125
Number of different coins found: 77
Number of coins still to find: 9

Keep up the hunt and keep us posted.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1294 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

As others have said, condition. I have noodled all the $1 Gold Coast Games but they are in no way as good condition as the ones from the set. It takes a while for them to turn up and by then they have been knocked around a bit. Also the paint can be a bit dodgy on some of the $2 if not noodled soon after release.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
700 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 137

Noodled 15 rolls of $2 coins and to my surprise I actually found one of the coins I'm still looking for:

That leaves the green ring coin to complete the 2016 olympic set.

Also found a reasonable 1989 aboriginal elder but it didn't show up too well in the scan so I won't bother posting it.

Total number of two dollar coins noodled: 11500
Number of different coins found: 78
Number of coins still to find: 8
Edited by MachinMachinMan
08/18/2022 12:28 am
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noodled 15 rolls of $2 coins and to my surprise I actually found one of the coins I'm still looking for:
Excellent!

Quote:
That leaves the green ring coin to complete the 2016 olympic set.
Good luck!
Page: of 11 Previous TopicReplies: 163 / Views: 7,989Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: