Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Big Noodle: Australian 20 Cent Coins

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 84 / Views: 3,626Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4018 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PrinceTane, I don't think it is that we don't like it, but did we need to have a 10th anniversary coin.

I agree with you on the Wills/Kat coin.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
114684 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2022  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noodled another $100 bag of 20c and found half a dozen coins that I needed.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2022  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 24

Noodled a $100 bag fresh off the coin deposit machine and found some interesting stuff.

A mint set only 1993 ; 2004 large head or "pointy A" variety; a nicer 2001 Western Australia CoF to replace that grubby one I found last time and and extremely ill-treated 2015 wwI NCLT coin.

2004 common small head "flat A" on the left and uncommon large head "pointy A" on the right

Just the one new coin I was looking for today (1995 United Nations) but considering I hadn't found any all year and suddenly find 2 of them in the same bag, today has to go down as a good noodling day.

Still looking for 1981 Wales minted coin, 2001 Bradman, NSW, Victoria, Tasmania and Norfolk Island.

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 2290
Number of different coins found: 60
Number of coins still to find: 6
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4081 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2022  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know its nasty, but a NCLT 20 cent coin is a nice surprise in any handful of change.

I love COINS!!!
Learn More...
United States
114684 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2022  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A mint set only 1993 ; 2004 large head or "pointy A" variety; a nicer 2001 Western Australia CoF to replace that grubby one I found last time.

Quote:
and and extremely ill-treated 2015 wwI NCLT coin

Quote:
Just the one new coin I was looking for today (1995 United Nations) but considering I hadn't found any all year and suddenly find 2 of them in the same bag, today has to go down as a good noodling day.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 29

Noodled another $100 bag and found one of the coins I was looking for.

2001 Bradman

Other decent finds today:

An extremely nice South Australia CoF

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 2790
Number of different coins found: 61
Number of coins still to find: 5
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19828 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  02:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I grabbed every example of a commemorative coin of all denominations out of pocket change and filled a two liter jar. It took me about 4 years to fill the jar. Kept the two of the best examples of each design, and returned the rest to circulation.

The collection is still active, and includes an example of almost every design of commemorative coin issued into circulation since the introduction of decimal coinage into Australian circulation since 1966.
Collection currently comprises about 400 coins.

I have an example of every coin pictured in this thread, - condition ranging from AU55-MS65, except that almost all show bag marks.

Perhaps I haven't quite grown up, any kid can do the same sort of collecting !
Learn More...
United States
114684 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noodled another $100 bag and found one of the coins I was looking for.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1216 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2022  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I think the Wills/Kat coin is the ugliest and did not need to be made.

It's actually quite passable when viewed at the right angle. Unfortunately, it's hideous at all the other angles. Their mouths become grotesque. It probably looked OK when viewed in 2D on paper but the final 3D coin is....
Edited by David Graham
05/05/2022 11:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4018 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2022  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  12:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 37

Noodled $120 worth of 20c coins but didn't find any I was looking for.

Always nice to find a 2010 bubble variety.

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 3390
Number of different coins found: 61
Number of coins still to find: 5
Learn More...
United States
114684 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 42

Noodled another $100 bag of 20c today.

Found one of the four Centenary of Federation coins I'm still looking for (New South Wales).

Some other decent finds:

Confusion reigns about whether I've got all 3 mint varieties of the 1981 coin. Over 50 million of each were minted so it's pretty likely I have them all but it is extremely difficult to tell the difference between Canberra and Wales mint coins without UNC examples.

I am counting them as found (will post pictures later if anyone really cares about them. I for one am over them)

So that leaves just Tasmania, Norfolk Island and Victoria CoF coins left to find.

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 3890
Number of different coins found: 63
Number of coins still to find: 3
Edited by MachinMachinMan
05/15/2022 02:09 am
Learn More...
United States
114684 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noodled another $100 bag of 20c today. Found one of the four Centenary of Federation coins I'm still looking for (New South Wales).
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 46

Noodled a $100 bag of 20c but didn't find any of the 3 coins I'm still looking for.

I did find some unusually nice IRB coins that look like they have only recently been returned to circulation:

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 4390
Number of different coins found: 62
Number of coins still to find: 3
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 84 / Views: 3,626Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: