Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Big Noodle: Australian 20 Cent Coins

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 84 / Views: 3,662Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
Australia
564 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Which bank to you get your rolls from?

I have accounts with 5 different banks, that way I'm not annoying the same tellers/managers all the time. Some branches have no tolerance for noodlers at all.

Day 87

Quote:
Ah ha.... I probably am getting your sifted seconds

I think I got someone's leftovers today because I noodled a $100 bag and found nothing at all of interest.

Except this PMD aka "rare error" which would probably go for hundreds on ebay.

So much for finding the Norfolk Island coin before hitting 10,000 coins noodled.

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 9970
Number of different circulation coins found: 65
Number of coins still to find: 1
Number of NCLT coins found: 4
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1216 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  05:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I have accounts with 5 different banks, that way I'm not annoying the same tellers/managers all the time. Some branches have no tolerance for noodlers at all.

That's impressive. I only deal with one (CBA). I find a lot hinges on a good rapport with the teller. I did have a really good relation with 1 teller who would give me bags, no questions asked but I haven't seen her in over 6 months. With covid it's like magical chairs, a different teller every time. I also used to find that the bags of loose coins gave much better results than the rolls. Unfortunately the Armourguard bags now contain mini-bags. A pain in the ass to open and they seem to have less variation. I recent teller apologized that she could only give me a bag made of coins that had been processed in the bank (non Armourguard). It had a Canadian dollar and some other goodies. I wish they were all like that!
Learn More...
United States
114756 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Except this PMD aka "rare error" which would probably go for hundreds on ebay.

Quote:
So much for finding the Norfolk Island coin before hitting 10,000 coins noodled.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
564 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 97

Noodled a $100 bag and didn't found any Federation coins at all.

Plenty of foreigners though:

Yes I found a kiwi $2 coin in a sealed Armaguard sachet. Makes you wonder how that's possible given the differences in weight, diameter and composition.

Still looking for that Norfolk Island coin.

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 10470
Learn More...
United States
114756 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2022  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noodled a $100 bag and didn't found any Federation coins at all.

Quote:
Plenty of foreigners though:
Pillar of the Community
Australia
564 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2022  03:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 104

Noodled another $100 bag of 20c pieces and yet again not a single Centenary of Federation coin.

Found a fourth 1995 UN coin:

The search for a 2001 Norfolk Island continues....

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 10970
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4088 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2022  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those foreigners are great, that $2 coin is worth about $1.82 Australian.

I have seen complaints about Armourguard coin rolls and Proseguer a lot lately on threads. We don't have the latter, but the former and they roll most of the coins there.

Tellers are not a hassle for us, our super branches have change machines, that offer rolls and low notes ($5 and $10) for no cost for customers but a $5 fee for non customers and you can bank the residue. However they may be sold out of rolls or notes of some types and also the coin box will be full at certain times, so you don't get to dispose of coins straight away. Also its a 24/7 lobby in which you can enter with your bankcard which keeps the riff raff out.

Many Armourguard rolls will be 1 or 2 coins short or the 20c roll will have a 10c coin. Another firm called AMH is much better.

That last coin is proving elusive, but good to see a lot of old Kiwis are still working hard in the lucky country!

I love COINS!!!
Learn More...
United States
114756 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2022  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Noodled another $100 bag of 20c pieces and yet again not a single Centenary of Federation coin.

Quote:
Found a fourth 1995 UN coin:

Quote:
The search for a 2001 Norfolk Island continues....
Pillar of the Community
Australia
564 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  12:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 111

Noodled another $100 bag. No Norfolk Island coin.

75 coins (15%) were 2021.

I deserve a medal, and I found one. 2017 Star of Gallantry:

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 11470
Number of NCLT coins found: 5
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4022 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  01:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find MMM. :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
114756 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I deserve a medal, and I found one. 2017 Star of Gallantry:
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
564 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2022  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 115

Yet another $100 bag of 20c coins and yet again no Norfolk Island.

Found a couple of NSW and SA though:

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 11970
Learn More...
United States
114756 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3080 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2022  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Soooo much variety...great impetus to collecting.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Australia
564 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2022  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 117

Look what I found 963 coins into today's noodling session:

That completes the set of Australian circulation 20 cent coins.

I must admit it took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Total number of 20 cent coins noodled: 12933
Number of different circulation coins found: 66
Number of coins still to find: 0
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 84 / Views: 3,662Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: