Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Grading Company In Canada?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,937Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15241 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2022  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I agree and des-agree with many here. the main it is eBay. eBay is suppose to be the platform for sell and not to impose rules they want. In term of the Graders, they want the database on line!!!?!!!!. For what? if they say database on line, so why certifications like CCCS, or French, or German company are not accepted on the listing?, not to say ANACS the first one in US or ICS which take more and more market because the accuracy, or VSS which slab varieties and no grading? What is the eBay business to ban incorporated companies? Is none guys, it is just protection of the some market place. I think is unfair.

Agree with nickelsguy
FYI, CCCS is accepted by eBay in Canada
Also most of the other TPG's are basement slabber trying to take advantage of the uninformed, they are not incorporated companies.
eBay also forbids any raw coin listed over $2500.00 and will remove counterfeits.
They are as far as I know the only selling platform to do this, which also helps to protect buyers.

Correct typo

Edited by JimmyD
04/16/2022 10:10 am
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Angus Coin Shop on eBay has 50+ PCCS coins on their listings, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the ones who are slabbing these.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15241 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been reported
Hopefully removed by end of day
ThanksCanada Pennies19
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JimmyD, Anguscoin has just listed 75 more PCCS slabs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4350 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's just awful that Ebay doesn't catch it again after being told. What a rip-off!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1961 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmmmm

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15241 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's just awful that Ebay doesn't catch it again after being told. What a rip-of

Bill, eBay does not remove listings on there own, they have to be reported by someone to be removed.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4350 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  06:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know that they have to be reported, but I thought that the vendor couldn't re[peat what he was just flagged for.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15241 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It happens all the time where a vendor repeats his listings, sometimes hours after it has been removed.
There are cases where it has to be reported numerous times before the vendor either
gives up or it slips under the radar and gets sold.
Sometimes they try changing their name and relist the same coins.

Correct typo
Edited by JimmyD
05/31/2022 07:01 am
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here I am, talking all this smack about Angus Coin Shop, made a purchase from eBay for a coin that I need for my ICCS set. Order arrives today, its in a PCCS holder. Lovely.

Can't really return it because it's clearly stated, can't resell it because that's scummy, so i'll remove it from the holder and sell it raw. Or keep it, raw.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4350 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But their prices and shipping are way out of whack. Good luck getting your money back.
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I paid $34 for a PL-65 silver dollar, shipping was $3

I'll probably get like $22 if I sell it raw so I'll take a $17 loss but you live and learn.
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/31/2022  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This also leaves me wondering, why does that coin mart dude have hundreds of coin mart graded coins, with numerical grades, if he isn't a recognized third party. Why does eBay have rules against him.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1961 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  07:34 am  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO Coinmart is not stating they are a Grading service......which Angus Coins is doing. A fine (but very important) line.
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin mart slabs state "coin mart grading CMG" and have a numerical grade, a serial number on their slab and last year someone sent them an email about pricing and they provided the cost to have you send your coins in to be certified.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,937Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: