Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are You Keeping 2009 Pennies When You're Coin Roll Hunting?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,003Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  2:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
Are you keeping 2009 pennies when you're coin roll hunting?

Poll Choices
 Yes
 No

Pillar of the Community
United States
1843 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter53562 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope....I have a few rolls of uncirculated ones and have no desire for more.
Learn More...
United States
114935 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I no longer CRH.

I was keeping the 2009 cents as I see them, only because they are uncommon to me.
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not CRH pennies, plus I already have both sets of them (P & D) in UNC condition.
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't start keeping 2009 pennies and Canadian pennies until I restarted CRH last summer. I know that they're not worth anything more than face value, but I figure it can't hurt to keep them either.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45865 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not,but I do have a full box of each design.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70422 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm too lazy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! I keep 'wheats' (of course), the 2009's, and San Francisco cents out of habit.
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to keep bicentennial quarters a long time ago, but I stopped after a couple rolls. It's a fact that they'll never be worth more than any other clad quarter.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70422 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now there's an organized collector. I haven't looked at, much less saved, any coin from circulation in at least 25 years. The last bags of cents I searched were in 1967, when you could buy them directly from vending machine companies in Philadelphia. Pretty much a waste of time then, at least if you valued your time, and even more so today.
Edited by Coinfrog
04/08/2022 7:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
590 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2022  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started saving them more recently; I had stopped for a while, but a little while ago I started again; they have cool designs, and who knows if in the future they will have some value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2439 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup... all of them except the culls.

2009-P cents are especially hard to find out here on the West coast. I was very fortunate to find a BU roll set dump of them last year, on a day when I found not one, but TWO dumps of cent rolls!

http://goccf.com/t/38685&whichpage=956#3529140
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
06/22/2022 2:46 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes! I keep 'wheats' (of course), the 2009's, and San Francisco cents out of habit.

i love this idea!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1751 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I almost always pull them all out save for damaged ones... Same goes for any coin minted in 2009, I pull them all out .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17784 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your asking this question because you more than likely aren't finding many 2009 Lincoln Cents CRH'ing . This is because most OBW rolls of this date ( all mints & reverses ) Have been hoarded by guys like me who have accumulated a total of over 100 rolls . And CRH have picked out all the ones they like .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
281 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2009s are way too common to warrant saving in my opinion, I don't spare those or S minted cents anymore (so long as they aren't wheats)
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 1,003Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: