Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Think I Seriously Found The 1994 Denver Mint Wide AM (Cent)! Please Opinions And Info Needed

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,345Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2022  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squigley839 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After further study you are wrong my coins fg looks just like a 1995 I looked long and hard and no signs of altered just because the reverse is rotated does not make it a magician coin I hate how you shut down my forum over a negative Nancy opinion and by the pics I posted you can hardly see the coin not like I can do don't rain on my parade just because you don't have one
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2022  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nobody shut down your thread or gave you a negative Nancy opinion. They gave you an honest opinion, which is what you asked for. You have the choice to accept the opinion of people who know an awful lot about these coins, or don't. However, complaining that their opinion doesn't match what you want to hear is counter-productive.
Edited by captaincoffee
04/29/2022 09:37 am
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2022  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cafco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow @squigley. As another new member asking my first questions I'm surprised at the OP's reaction to what I find as highly encouraging and supportive comments. The main issue here is that you need better pictures to show what you see in person if you want to convince others to your interpretation. They can only give based on what they get.

By the way, I find it interesting and intriguing that it could be an adulterated coin that is so convincing.
Edited by cafco
04/29/2022 09:59 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9352 Posts
Valued Member
United States
224 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2022  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@squigley.... A clip-on magnifier for a cellphone can be easily purchased, I got mine for around $8. Close up pics will definitely help the members here, but you can always take your coin to your local coin dealers/shop & get an opinion from them.
Edited by coin rejector
04/29/2022 11:13 am
Valued Member
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2022  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a great site that explains the Wide AM/Close AM issue with great pictures.

https://www.lincolncentcollection.c...amwideam.php

Unfortunately, there is no documented 1994 D Wide AM anywhere. How did you come to the conclusion that such a variety exists?
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squigley839 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To weighing the coin at weighed 2.5 / 2.6 between those two back and forth so how is it fake if it weighs what it's supposed to and I still don't really see any real sign of altering just besides the reverse not being the correct way it should be but that could be a mint error
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15271 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you honestly believe that everyone on this forum who responded is wrong, then send it in to
a reputable TPG for attribution and prove us all wrong.
You are not going to convince anyone here that what you have is genuine otherwise.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1206 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you look at the reverse, between 2:00 and 8:00 just inside rim you can see the machine line.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2022  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dallife to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you find anymore info on your coin, please let us know. I'm really curious about it
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58155 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What was the weight? If more/less than 2.5 grams, it was altered.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/10/2022 12:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
341 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.If this coin is what you claim it is, then it would be struck with the wrong reverse design for that year.
There are many examples of these CAM & WAM that exist. There is no discovery for a 1994D that I know of.
By all means, if you believe you have discovered something, submit it.
Myself and many others will be anxiously awaiting the results of your endeavors.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8880 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  03:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You admit to being new, but you don't like what we are saying. I agree, you should submit your coin to PCGS for grading. Please let's us know what they say.
ša va bien aller

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,345Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: