Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Type Set Jump Start

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 108 / Views: 3,446Next Topic
Page: of 8
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another tough hole filled today...
Outstanding!

It is a tough hole, for sure. I let one get by me and it was several years before I found another I liked that was in my budget.
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Type sets are truly amazing, and you have some beautiful coins to show off. I have about 10 holes left in my set. Hopefully I'll be able to fill them in the near future.
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have about 10 holes left in my set. Hopefully I'll be able to fill them in the near future.
I started my set in 1993 and was at ten holes remaining about eight years ago. I have had one empty hole for two years now. I hope you are able to move faster than I have!
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
two more holes filled today..

Pillar of the Community
United States
9086 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Highlights of my coin collection: https://coins.www.collectors-societ...aspx?s=31920
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Learn More...
United States
113567 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1139 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score on that Classic Head cent. I know those are very tricky to get in good condition.
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice score on that Classic Head cent. I know those are very tricky to get in good condition.

You are quite right. 1808-1814 were bad years for strike quality, plus they had issues with the copper quality also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1779 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You don't see a classic head with honest wear often! Fantastic picks!
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck, which hole are you currently missing?

My dream is one day I'll be able to compile a type set of much higher-quality coins to really show off their beauty, but there's something to be said for the lesser-quality and circulated coinage (particularly in a type set) to know all these different coins you have in your possession have actually passed through countless hands all throughout history.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1139 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think he is missing one of the Seated dollar slots, the one with the motto.
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went a little over the top Saturday AM at a show in NY state. Filled 12 more holes. Here are a few to start off with.

Liberty seated 1/2 dime
Edited by Alpha33
05/15/2022 2:23 pm
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more.
1858 Seated quarter

1917 Standing Lib 25c type 1

Columbian Half
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful additions!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2144 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great additions! You seem to have a good eye to pick coins.

Quote:
Went a little over the top Saturday AM at a show in NY state. Filled 12 more holes. Here are a few to start off with.

If you keep banging your head every time you buy a coin, you will be banging your head 76 times. Might not have a head left after completing your Dansco album!
Edited by NumisEd
05/15/2022 5:15 pm
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 108 / Views: 3,446Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: