Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Old Is Your Dansco Type Set Album?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 315Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
588 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2022  05:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey folks,

I recently acquired a Dansco Type Set Album

Mine is so old it doesn't even say 7070 on the edge!

Atleast I'm guessing that means it's one of the 1st versions

Edited by NumismaticsFTW
05/01/2022 05:10 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12211 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i dont have a 7070 but a Whitman 9434 US type set small cents that is more extensive. I think I got it in the early 70's

it goes from Half Cents thru quarters from 1793-current
Pillar of the Community
United States
1741 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2022  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased my type set sealed March 22, 2020. The gold page was purchased and pulled from a used Littleton style album March 20, 2021.

The older albums are significanfly cheaper, but they are missing some cool modern slots and they are of course, used. Coins don't fit as well in a used album and the slides are all scratched up. I'd rather put my expensive coins in a fresh album.
Edited by jacrispies
05/02/2022 10:50 am
Learn More...
United States
113520 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought mine in early 1993, so twenty-nine years now. The original page 5 (modern coinage) only had the three bicentennials and SBA. I updated it in January 2011. This added holes for Sacagawea dollar, Statehood Quarter, Commemorative dollar, and ASE.

For what it is worth, all my Dansco albums have been purchased new and sealed. The most recent being for ATB. Still waiting to get something for Innovation dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be two years old, but I haven't been able to get one for the past two years.
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2022  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased mine new in 2016 or 17 can't remember exactly. Dansco produced some for a short while and picked up one for 25 dollars!
Learn More...
United States
113520 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2022  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It would be two years old, but I haven't been able to get one for the past two years.

Quote:
I purchased mine new in 2016 or 17 can't remember exactly. Dansco produced some for a short while and picked up one for 25 dollars!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 315Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: