Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Ebay Scammer Alert Nasak_ak

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 468Next Topic  

Canada
6 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  2:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wistro to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Buyers Beware

This guy makes mgreen look like a kid

As a seller, this guy listed 40 rolls of 1991 Canada quarters new in original mint rolls

This drew lots of attention. We purchased 24 of these rolls and did exactly what this seller thought we would do. Put them into our safe. We did gloss over the rolls and they looked alright. We could see end coins of 1991.

Problem is, the guy put together gypsy rolls. Only the ender was replaced with a 1991. By good luck, we happened to show a friend these rolls and decided to open one up to see if there were any gems inside.

This is when we discovered they were counterfeit.

Fun with ebay and paypal starts there. Many of you have had bad experience with dealing with ebay. We were a bit over the 30 days to return the item for ebay money back guarantee and that's where they throw the "policy" book at you.

End of the day, we need to file a police report but ebay "can't give you his address" BS even though they say to file a report.

Since Ebay has taken over payments from paypal, now paypal's longer protection policy is out the window too, because the "payment was to ebay" and not the seller directly.

If anybody can help finding this guy's contact info, please post back here!

I was able to reach out to another buyer who I know purchased some of these counterfeit rolls and he reported the same exact gypsy rolls.

Based on the principal of "new original mint rolls" this is why the guy figured the rolls would continue to be unopened or checked. You see the end coins and it looks legit.

If you bought a rare star wars Yoda new in the package, you wouldn't rip it open any time soon to make sure the actual Yoda was not a fake. Scammers go to great lengths to deceive.

Anyways, Any contact information for this clown would be appreciated. The police need to knock on his door.

WISTRO
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5512 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The older I get the more I just tend to think that a lot of people just suck.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8846 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check this persons feedback profile.
If they have purchased anything lately, contact the seller, explain your situation and perhaps, if sympathetic, they will share the mailing address.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Learn More...
United States
38593 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Learn More...
United States
38593 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't give up, you can still dispute the transaction with PayPal or with your credit card issuer.
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3825 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Check this persons feedback profile.

It looks like he bought coins and left feedback to several Canadian coin sellers in the past month. If you know any of them, perhaps they can help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
603 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
End of the day, we need to file a police report but ebay "can't give you his address" BS even though they say to file a report.

Not sure where you are in this process and surely do not know the laws where you live but...

Many years ago, a tenant tried to stiff me on rent. They left town and left a forwarding address at a PO box in the same town to try to baffle me as to their whereabouts. I went to the Post Office to get the residence address associated with the PO box but they said they couldn't give me that. They too suggested I might want to talk to the Police, which I did. The Sheriff called the Post Office and they were able to obtain the address and then gave it to me so I could file a case with the Magistrate.

I did get my $$ back.

Curious if you did contact the Police and curious what they told you. I would think eBay could be compelled to give the authorities the information you need.

Good Luck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1812 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2022  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Broken-Coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay gives scammers more protection than their sellers.

I've been registered on the Bay since June 1997 and by 2001 opened up a coin store Brier Ridge Coin where I would both buy & sell, to make it convenient I linked my PayPal account with my Store.

Everything was fine until April 2006 when my computer was going crazy with new messages from eBay on dozens of NEW listings selling Race Car & Motorcycle items.

I freaked out and went to log into my account and was Locked Out, I contacted PayPal by phone after being locked out of PayPal also saying my account has just been hacked into, that's when they advised me that I just purchased some engine parts for a car!!! I said no, I didn't make any purchases other than coins, that's when they Froze my account for 30 days while investigating what happened.

I finally was able to contact a live person on eBay and explained what happened and they too froze that account.
In the meantime I asked if they could provide me the details on who had taken my account over so I could pursue legal action.

To my surprise eBay advised me that it is illegal to give me their personal information due too Privacy Laws.

I have not sold anything on eBay since, I was considering listing again now in 2022 and don't like the idea of eBay managing payments, heck, I don't even understand this.

Good luck.
Canada
6 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  03:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wistro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys User name is nasak_ak

in case anybody can help with his contact info
Learn More...
Canada
10184 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  09:43 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like this person bought several coins from the Coin Cabinet (coin shop in Moncton). Look up their business number and call them, explaining the situation. I am sure they will help you.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 468Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: