Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Intermediary In Sending PCGS

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 463Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
775 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  8:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just want to know. I have 2 or 3 coins very valuable to me. And I would like to evaluate them. how much will the mediator and the PCGS pay, how much will the mediator pay and will anyone agree to help me in this matter.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68974 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2022  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's start with some pics!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45152 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will you be able to send them to and from Russia at the moment?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
590 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics indeed
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
775 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to send 2 coins.
1)Cook Islands 1 dollar, 2013. Save our world - Giant panda
Silver 0.999, 31.1g, 40.6mm
Unfortunately, I will be able to publish a photo of this coin only in 10 days. The coin is not with me, but at my mother's house)

2)Spain 25 pesetas, 1975
77 inside the star

I would especially like to certify the dollar. It's a gift from Mom)
Edited by Slerk
05/11/2022 05:03 am
Valued Member
251 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grinya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why don't you want to use services of RNGA or NNR?

Edited by Grinya
05/11/2022 06:07 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45152 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like fingerprints on the bust side.Doesn't look like it would be worth sending in https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces2736.html
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
05/11/2022 06:48 am
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
775 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RNGA I don't like the design. NNR I just don't like it, neither their mini is slabs, nor the presence of dealers in the country.
I want exactly PCGS. It is a global company. I recently converted coins into their products.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
775 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the coin I want to evaluate.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5858 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea what costs would be for getting coins sent from Russia for PCGS grading. My last PCGS submission was sent in by my local coin shop who I guess would count as the "mediator". My total cost was about $58 per coin.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
775 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
58$ Wow. Can a person send a coin for evaluation himself ?

I would just like to send my coin to a person directly via Mail, and he, in turn, will add mine when he sends his coins. I will pay for all postage and the durability of the assessment. But $58 is quite a lot. If I'm not mistaken, my Cook Islands dollar is worth less.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5858 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slerk, PCGS certification is expensive. The grading fee per coin at the "regular" rate is about $35. Then, you have to pay for registered, insured shipping both ways, plus a small "submission fee" for the total submission. If you have to ship internationally from Russia I expect it will cost even more.

Frankly, if your total certification cost per coin is "only" $58 it could be considered a bargain. Obviously, you should take the value of the coin into consideration if you want to send it in.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
775 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2022  03:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why don't you want to use services of RNGA or NNR?

Now I started thinking about sending to NNR. But they still don't have any major dealers. They themselves are sitting in Moscow and their only dealer is only in St. Petersburg. They didn't open yesterday, after all. This is their huge disadvantage.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 463Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: