Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Advice On Where 11 Year Old Niece Can Buy Wheaties

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 84 / Views: 2,929Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm starting to believe all of the coins were actually for the OP and he took them away from his niece on some trumped up charges!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21876 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At some point I can see someone posting here and saying "Shoot me your address and I'll send some things for her." and CCB420 replying, "Dude, she's 35 now she can buy her own coins."
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I promise that's not the case, lord knows there's some beautiful coins in this whole stash! Wouldn't be able to live with myself, they're definitely hers, which she reminds me of quite often!! Now will they likely stay with my collection...probably for a while, til she's in her thirty's maybe! Same grandpa, retired in 80's maybe, but went to bank and got each of the grandkids $10 worth of the gold dollars, when they were first issued, which was 2000 correct? I can't remember, but they were just loose coins,
Not protected with anything, I was in my early twenties, in college, and well, their time in my presence was short lived
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully they were circulated dollars, but he probably doesn't remember! Think 1 of my sisters managed to hold onto 1 or 2, but the other 7 grandkids...well 5 of the 8 are my brother and sisters, I'm betting other 3 don't have theirs either
Pillar of the Community
United States
587 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2022  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you were just kidding about the 30's thing.

A YN should be able to hold onto their own collection, otherwise it's not really theirs.

11 years old is definitely old enough to have Lincoln cents in their own possession.

Edited by NumismaticsFTW
06/12/2022 11:49 pm
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2022  03:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was "sorta" kidding, she actually wants to keep hers in either my own collection, said she's scared she might loose something!!
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey everybody,
Been a tough row to hoe here lately, nothing with or about my niece, other family members, the wife to my grandfather who gave me those 3 rolls is in surgery as we speak, amputated leg from mid knee, with her turning 95 in Nov, well you know.....just wanted everyone to know I'm trying to set up the entire collection of gifts again this evening, hopefully pics by tonight, or tomorrow! It's been taking so long, because I'm ocd to an extent, logging each coin that was given by whom, and I'm sorry T-Bop and BH, yalls were opened and went through by her, like a Tasmanian devil, no time to wait! Mr Bobby, all yours were in flips stamped with ccf, except maybe 4 wheats and 1'30s Buffalo nickel, I think! Please correct me if thats not the case!

Of course Mschilling had the Canadian, but I think we're still waiting on on package from another member, that emailed me directly, as opposed to posting, so won't mention names, but I'm headed to mailbox now to see if its here!

Thank you all for your wonderful gifts ,and your patience on this matter!

Just wanted to let you know I'm not in jail for whipping an 11 yo with a pear tree switch!

Colin B
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nickelsearcher, I didn't forget about your 3 rolls, but I believe those were in with one's she tore open first
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the update. I hope all gets well with your family.
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 84 / Views: 2,929Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: