Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2014 Native American Dollar Proof Issue

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 880Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hate posts like this, because then I have to pull out my box of proof sets, which is heavy and way on the top shelf of the closet, and check my set for them same error. And...nope.
Pretty cool though.
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hate posts like this, because then I have to pull out my box of proof sets, which is heavy and way on the top shelf of the closet, and check my set for them same error. And...nope.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone else have one of these?

I saw this thread and looked through eBay... Seemed like every other coin had the figures on the reverse shiny and not frosted. I thought maybe it was just the lighting in the photos so I bought one on a whim. Got it today and, sure enough, it had shiny unfrosted people.
Edited by coinsearcher83
05/26/2022 5:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9099 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coinsearchre: Can we get a picture?
I wonder if the flaw was on the master die (never got the frosting added properly and not transferred to the working dies.)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe these help. I need to brush up on my coin photography skills

Pillar of the Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty sure this is another

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125257965538
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9099 Posts
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anyone else have one of these?

I saw this thread and looked through eBay... Seemed like every other coin had the figures on the reverse shiny and not frosted. I thought maybe it was just the lighting in the photos so I bought one on a whim. Got it today and, sure enough, it had shiny unfrosted people

It is hit or miss

I have bought 2 that looked the same in the pictures

One was the normal version and the other was an error

I think this will eventually be considered a variation or "Type 1 and Type 2" situation instead of an error
Edited by Boba Debt
05/27/2022 12:52 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9099 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found one eBay seller that had 5 for sale the image showing the altered frosting version. So I bought all 5 (at $10.00/coin) on a whim. Lets see what I get. Heck I can always re-sell them if they turn out to be 'normal' Or if one of them looks better than the one I have in my Dansco album, I'll swap it out.

One thing I'm not doing is pointing out the lack of the frosting on these coins yet. (it's a secret)
Edited by Dearborn
05/27/2022 11:49 am
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just received my second error coin which I paid $15 for

So now I have 2 sets - One regular coin and one error coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9099 Posts
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been sending this image to sellers to use as a way to verify coins

The blue areas are very frosted and the red areas are different but not frosted

The rest should be mirror like

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 880Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: