Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019 American Legion $5

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 232Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
6445 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  8:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Newest addition to my commemorative gold

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7526 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@muddler: Congrats! Very nice addition to your collection. I think it's a coin with a strong designs.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67707 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I somehow thought you weren't a fan of TPG holders.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19579 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  02:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree: a good design for a modern American commemorative.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44658 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  04:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice design.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
112247 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7437 Posts
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChicagoCoinGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IIRC these were a very low mintage. Wasn't a strong seller.

I bought two 3-coin sets for my kids and I do like that clean design.
Pillar of the Community
United States
593 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is one of the best designs to come out in a while and your coin presents it remarkably. Well done.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3127 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's One Sweet Unc Example Too. Well Done !!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6445 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  02:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NGC gave it a 70

@coinfrog, I do collect some slabbed coins. Most of my gold commemoratives are in slabs as well as my proof cameo Franklin set, but the majority of my collection is in albums.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadDog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
IIRC these were a very low mintage. Wasn't a strong seller.

I like this design and think it is one of the better more recent designs.

The subject and design didn't translate into sales though. This issue has the lowest mintage for the Uncs (1753) and Prfs (5864) of any of the commemorative half eagles.

That Prf mintage is lower than this year's Purple Heart half eagle (currently 6080) and about a 1000 ahead of this year's Negro Leagues half eagle (currently 4879). So, it's to be seen whether or not it remain the low mintage proof half eagle.

The Unc mintage is still ahead of this year's Unc commemorative half eagles (Purple Heart is currently 1226 and Negro Leagues is currently 1154). So, either of this year's issues may become the low mintage issue for Unc commemorative half eagles. Just have to wait and see.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 232Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: