Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Repunched Dies - What Are Your Feelings?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 1,559Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop this is an image of Washington jaw line next to his ear. 1983 proof have you seen this gear tooth jaw line before on Washington. I can tell you where that gear jaw line starts. if you dont know. if you do then you would know it started in 1980 coin run. there on the 1980 quarters there it starts with 3 teeth showing. now there is a lot more. I know this will start. some thing else to look for. the leaves on the proof coin. the lease moved in the 1980 damage. it has a new place now on the 1983 so check it out see what you think. the leave hold a new position. if you guys dont find these. I will photo these later an post them then you guys can find them. they are not hard to find so I am sure some of you guys know already thank you
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry coop I really enjoy checking coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coop this started with 3 teeth in 1980 its still growing.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is a image of the 1980 quarter where it all started from. as you can see this is the coin from the1980 uncirculated set. here this will help.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here I am not sure this might be 1982 or 1983 proof
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1960 Lincoln penny P coop check this one out.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this is the E on the same 1960 coin. do you see how the varnish hides stuff.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1980 liberty S mint mark.it looks like this mint mark is on something else
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that looks like a S over a backwards S. could it be hope so. that smooth round edge thou.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another view different camera.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well it is definitely a S over a S Backwards. this is a keeper here is the image. this glass is amazing. look at the press lines wow
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
these 4 pieces of metal are raised. so this coin with the S also has these raised die chips. so this means that die is making coins with 4 holes in the die itself. wonder how many coins match this one. wow these raised pieces are near and on her hair at the forehead
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this coin has a pieces of die steel struck in the O. take a look . this is very hard steel see how it broke that is harden steel.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2268 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry my mistake that steel is on a 1980 Jefferson 5 cent coin. that is the O in Monticello here is the mint mark from that coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58041 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a normal mint mark that year on the 'S'
http://www.varietyvista.com/14%20SB...20Styles.htm
MMS-003
Just a normal one from that year. Note the listing above.

Type one and two on these mintmarks on the 1979-S and on the Type two, 1982-S

Closer view.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/21/2022 2:29 pm
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 1,559Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: