Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

In The Year 2122, I Wonder

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,094Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
3074 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  07:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wonder what the pages will look like for a 21st century type set.
do you need all 4 westward nickels?
how many pages will we need for quarters?
do you think there will even be a dime addition?
and will the 2009 cent have its own page?
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:11 am  Show Profile   Check Joshu - a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or maybe coin collecting will become an ancient pastime?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3074 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is an ancient pastime. it is why I think there will be collectors in the future as well.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17426 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In The Year 2122, I Wonder

If man is still alive

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:29 am  Show Profile   Check Joshu - a's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think debased coins and paper money will be something trodden under foot. But I guess there is rock collecting too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7760 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder what the pages will look like for a 21st century type set.

Quote:
Do you need all 4 westward nickels?

I think, "Yes"

Quote:
How many pages will we need for quarters?

I imagine the quarter continuing its use as the US' denomination-of-choice for circulating thematic coins for years to come. So, I think Type Set albums will require just one or two examples from each series. I'll go with two Quarter pages in 2021.

Quote:
Do you think there will even be a dime addition?

Unless there is a change to its size (and composition), I don't see the dime becoming a popular choice for circulating thematic coins - I believe such a use will remain the domain of the quarter denomination (its larger size is preferable for design implementation). I can see at least one or two design changes between now and 2021 for the dime, however.

Quote:
Will the 2009 cent have its own page?

No, the 2009 cent is complete at four types - no need for a separate page. The Shield series might get one design update before it concludes, but I feel confident in saying the cent coin won't be in circulation in 2021 (unless there are VERY dramatic changes to our economy!)

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3074 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 pages of quarters I can see, and sure the dime is small but any change would be welcomed. put a barber reverse with a Rosie observe any thing would be nice. Also didnt mention dollars gonna be a full page with a 2079 SBA
Pillar of the Community
United States
2560 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS has 3 21st Century Registry Type Sets. Here's a link to the circulation strikes:

https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...present/3259

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
832 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems, I feel the same on all your points except for one -

Quote:
the 2009 cent is complete at four types

I've got 8 in my type set, both the circulation issues and the bronze issues from the mint sets. I figured if I was getting both a clad and silver quarter from each thematic series, I should get the 4 bronze 2009 cents as well.

Sort of the same for types with SMS issues; I try to get one SMS and one circulation issue from for each of those types.

I waffle a bit when it comes to different finishes; for example, reverse proof issues. So far I've not felt a need for that.

So, I have lots of 21st century coins in my certified type set already but at least they're very inexpensive, except for some of the highest-graded circulation and mint set examples. However, as is often stated, these types of decisions are a personal choice and vary from collector to collector!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
491 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since the moderators periodically move posts to "the proper forum", will this post be moved from U.S. Modern Coins to the "Future Coins" forum?

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
8484 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In 2122, it's likely our decedents will be bartering/trading. I'll give you a chicken and a 2lb bag of rice for five cords of firewood. Financial transactions as we know them today will be ancient history. Coins will be a quaint recollection.
Learn More...
United States
113395 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since the moderators periodically move posts to "the proper forum", will this post be moved from U.S. Modern Coins to the "Future Coins" forum?
We do not have a future coins forum.
Valued Member
United States
242 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be a long time dead, no need to wonder.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
491 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We do not have a future coins forum.

I know. This was my failed attempt at humor.

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Learn More...
United States
113395 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know. This was my failed attempt at humor.
And my failed attempt at making us the next legendary comedy duo.

Say goodnight, Steve.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3074 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
goodnight steve.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,094Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: