Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1962 Lincoln Cent - Grade It!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 361Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  11:21 pm Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think?

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8543 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bit difficult to assess given the coin appears to be photographed through 'hazy' plastic/mylar. Probably low(er) MS.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17467 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ BadThad , really ? This isn't your typical asking about what do we think . Besides all those scratches and marring on that holder ( which BTW shouldn't have even been used for that Lincoln cent ) the coin has small tics throughout , UNclean fields and sub par reverse steps . Sorry , no other comments !

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68974 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please remove the coin from the 2X2 and try again!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it's in an older NGC slab. MS64 RD
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12222 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if we have to grade thought those scratches i'll go with MS64RD
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17958 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great discussion coin, time for some to recalibrate.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12222 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
time for some to recalibrate.
]

dont think it would grade that high today. there's marks everywhere on this coin. shoulder, lapel, profile and a few reverse ones. maybe it would look different outside the holder but I'm still MS64RD I can concede a +
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with PANZALDI. In the new grading this will be a good 63
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65 red
Pillar of the Community
United States
8543 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that the opportunity to recalibrate has been graciously provided, I could go with a strong MS63. Would love to see the coin outside the holder, but no chance that would happen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4648 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holder is all scratched up which makes grading from photos a challenge but I'd say no worse than MS-65.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 361Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: