Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1946 P Washington DDR-002 FS-801

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 571Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2092 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  12:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is a relatively insignificant year for Washington's but this is no ordinary quarter. This is the only one of these I've ever seen. Up for sale, posted or on the bay and I've been looking hard for one.
It was posted on one of my posts by another ccf member and long story short I acquired it. Big thanks! It's got an interesting spread on USA and EPU.
PCGS only has four graded, making this die imo the rarest DDR of the series (One of the 64p DDRs only has one graded but is a very insignificant DDR). Thanks for looking!

Edited by Willburton
05/15/2022 12:17 pm
Learn More...
United States
23664 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes interesting spread on USA and EPU plus it looks like that rev die was getting a little tired. Super pick-up!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
5651 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice pickup! Glad to see you were successful in getting this one. As you said, certainly not an easy die to find. You going to be slabbing it?

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
2092 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Yea a tired die for sure. It's weird that they are not more common. I've even searched a lot of circulated coins. CH if submitted this coin it would be the main plate coin on CoinFacts. The other is AU. So yes it is in my next pile. I've got coins that have been there for 70 business days. So it will probably be a while until this one sees a slab.
My guess was a 62-63 by sellers pictures but I think its a 64 in hand.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58034 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DDR-002 FS-801
http://www.varietyvista.com/09b%20W...6PDDR002.htm
Do you have the DDO also?
DDO-008
http://www.varietyvista.com/09b%20W...6PDDO008.htm

Not real convinced yet on your coin. (Jury is still out yet for me) Still checking.

Here are side by sides of a normal coin and the DDR:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/15/2022 3:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2092 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it is the DDO as well coop but wasn't concerned with that. It would be a major new discovery if it isn't the FS-801.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8927 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5651 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I look forward to hearing how this comes back from TPG. Again, congrats!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is funny coin. Me I see others things:

1. N in UNUM touch the head = not suppose.
2. The second leaf left of the arrow tips = miss
3. the last tail feather almost none
4. The tail feathers are dispersed.

Hope someone will analyze those points also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2092 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys I can go back and take better pictures but don't have time. There's four ddrs for that year. Only one has a spread in this direction. Again unless I've found the most prominent DDR in years or this is what it is labeled as. Thanks again for looking!

Coop you have the wrong images. Yours looks like a normal coin.
Edited by Willburton
05/16/2022 11:12 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
718 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your find.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58034 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None of the images on the combination of side by sides are of your coin. The images are of a normal coin, the die in question, from PCGS. I am showing the differences from a normal coin the DDR listed FS-801. (They only had one example on their site) If I had a fresher side it might show the differences better, but that was the only image they had for this die. Just the differences I noticed between a Normal coin and the DDR in a later die state.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2086 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop , believe me, this is it. The DDO is there as well.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@WILL and @STONE: Guys with all of the respect, on this post was discuss about DDR which it is the FS-801. Can you show me the DDO? please. You know guys I am a crazy for those coins on any varieties or errors.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2086 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about the poor quality of the pic. I only took a wide obverse shot of the holder and coin when I had it. Super happy Will is stoked to add it to his collection.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stone I do not see the DDO?!!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 571Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: