Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Journey Note Printing Process

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 481Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
75 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  12:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dredge to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a question regarding the printing process of Journey notes. When they print the bar code and the serial number,
is it done at the same time or is it done in two processes?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15699 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are done on a seperate press after the notes have been printed.
Valued Member
Canada
75 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dredge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks JimmyD however "they" being both barcode and serial
number at the same time or is the barcode already printed onto the notes before the serial number? As you did not clarify and I am still in question?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15699 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. The barcode and number are each printed separately
after the notes have been printed.
There are cases were the barcode itself is missing but the serial numbers are printed.

Correct typo
Edited by JimmyD
05/16/2022 8:52 pm
Valued Member
Canada
75 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dredge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You JimmyD
So then a note printed with serial and barcode on the front instead of the back would be considered a double error then as two process were taken to get it to that state. Interesting they don't catch some of that stuff and it makes it into circulation.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15699 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it would be considered one error as sometimes a printed sheet gets flipped and
over printed on the wrong side which would be the cause of the mis-print.
There would also be at least 39 others out there with the same error even if only one sheet was flipped.
I should add that the barcode and number will always be printed on the same side.
You cannot have one on one side and the other on the opposite side.

Add Info
Edited by JimmyD
05/17/2022 5:03 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 481Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: