Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2001 Roosevelt Dime Has A Strange Little Swirl ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 396Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  12:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cici1966 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I just joined the forum so hello everyone! and thank you in advance for helping me determine what this little swirl on the side of this dime might be.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cici1966 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a couple more pictures

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9175 Posts
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cici1966 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you #9786;#65039;
And here I thought I has something really cool #128526;#128541;
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9175 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68991 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree this is just damage.
Learn More...
United States
23736 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
that coin is a Roosevelt dime

Fixed it.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF and
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19692 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting curiosity

To my eye,
it looks like a small shard of a previous coin in the coin press has landed on the planchet of this coin, the dies have then struck the planchet into a coin, and the striking pressure has attached the small shard onto the coin that is pictured.

Minor error, perhaps valued at a dollar or so.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cici1966 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol! Omg, how embarrassing!
I was never good in History!!

Thank you all for your help!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58112 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a bit more History to add to this subject: Why do some coins have reeds and some do not? This answer maybe different than you've heard in the past:

Sorry, when a subject comes up, I like to share something that will enhance the subject, just a bit more. If you like it, same it for another time to share with others.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1459 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. Didn't see that coming.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1459 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. I'm wondering what year/s it was when a silver dime was worth only a dime? Quarter and so on? Lol should I start shaving chunks of copper off of Cu Lincoln's? Copper around $4.50 a pound It'd only take a little while to scrape off a pound.
Edited by RobO411
05/17/2022 2:00 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58112 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Up to 1964. The clad coins took into affect in 1965 and the silver coins have been hoarded ever since.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rob go ahead and start shaving, get back to us in about a year when you have a pound.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 396Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: