Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1892 Barber Dime - Blue Orange Yellow Toner

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 513Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1104 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  4:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This rascal is in an ANACS AU-58 slab. GC uses alot of light and I hoped this thing was better in hand than G's pictures. Its sweet but as for AU-58 I don't know? Coin has good amount of cartwheel luster but all the old toning hides it in pics. The only lighting where it will display 5 colors is natural kitchen light. This rascal is tough to grade it wont hold still, obv scratches are on holder. Only wear I see is on mid jawline and one dime. A yellow crappie jig placed near for color comparisons. I like the coin and I see AU-55 Opinions?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't argue with AU-58.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17740 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you at AU-55 , but I'm not a fan of the off colors.

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't find the toning appealing either, at least in these pics.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4150 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2022  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU something, tough to judge. Personally not a fan of the toning either. It's inconsistent and looks "heavy", as toning does once it's etched the surfaces. If that makes any sense.

Edit: grammar
Edited by Ty2020b
05/16/2022 09:40 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12519 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there are hairlines all over the obv across the profile. even though the amount of wear says AU58, the lack of luster and eye appeal do not. AU55 at best

Reassess: I modifying my grade after looking at this one again. I calling it AU details (scratched). the scratches under the toning on the obv are bad enough to details the coin
Edited by panzaldi
05/17/2022 07:49 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1104 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
surprised no fans of the toning toned barbers run the gammit but you just don't see many for sale as for scratch on obverse I think android shots have tendency to bring out everything bad an enhanced. Interesting yellow will likely keep this one as a series example. It's staying in its ANACS holder.
Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24458 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 and original. The toning looks like what you get when they are stored in a leather change purse for many years.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12519 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2022  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the scratches under the toning on the obv are bad enough to details the coin

stupid me...should have read the original post closer. would have seen that the scratches are on the holder
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 513Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: