Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1857 Bank Of Upper Canada One Penny Token.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 301Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20724 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  11:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys:
Please evaluate this coin .
Thanks in advance.

A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4341 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20, maybe 30 and cleaned at some time, since there's no dirt or grime.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3089 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know anything about these but is what's going on under TOKEN? Is it damage and wear? Also on the obverse near the N in bank? The rims also seem a little roughed up. That said it's older then anything I own lol. I'll have too look these up. Probably should have before this reply as idk grading for these.

Edit: after a quick search I'd say vf20 tops but details grade for sure.
Edited by Wrekkdd
05/16/2022 1:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The color looks original to me. I grade it VF - the man's knee is blending into the horse's body and the crown on the reverse has the middle jewel (cross) worn away. Looks to be Courteau #313.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
644 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wrekkdd, I don't understand.
Why answer if you have no idea ?
You do it all the time and make assumptions (usually erroneous).
Why not wait until someone with ACTUAL knowledge replies
so that your lack of it isn't revealed ?

The area you referred to as damaged is part of the design that has been worn down. Geesh.
Edited by TerryT
05/18/2022 8:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3089 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The area you referred to as damaged is part of the design that has been worn down. Geesh

Ya I realised that after I checked the photo grade comparison j was looking at. As for guessing a grade I have seen people who are versed in a specific series all guess a grade that's 5-10 points different, I have not been to far off on most of my guesses, Its easier to test grading skills when I guess before all the pros on a specific coin chime in. I state I don't know about specific series or don't know it well when I'm guessing as to not confuse the poster with a guess from someone who hasn't tried grading a specific series.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23875 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2022  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 details, rim bumps.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 301Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: