Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Quarter Light Strike On Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 225Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
165 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  12:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add custodian2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
my eyes may be tricking me but the letters in ER and DOLLAR on the reverse seem to be thicker that the rest or not struck right

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58125 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is from a slight amount of grease into the deepest part of that design. When the devices get wider, they prevent the tops of the devices to be struck, making them shorter and wider:

That is what you are seeing. It will not be a DDR in that location of the design. The DDR will be in the centers of the design.

So like on this design of the image above, the target area has nothing there, so there probably not be a DDR on that design. In order to have a DDR, there would need to be design on that area to transfer.

This design would have a better chance for a DDR. There is more going on, on the center of the design.

Nickels we know have the DDO / DDR's in certain locations, where the X hits the spot. Just an observation I've noticed. This will save more time in the searching, as to where to look for doubled dies on the single squeeze dies. Look smarter in the search, not harder. Harder will land you Machine Doubling and die wear. Seek the target areas. (Also look at listed dies to see what to look for on these. That answer might surprise you) Smarter, nor harder. Nothing there? Move on to the next coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/16/2022 1:10 pm
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add custodian2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
always a pleasure to receive feedback coop thanks
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9261 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 225Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: