Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help To Identify Condition Of $1 1923 Silver Certificate In Plastic

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,313Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70089 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great embossing clearly visible. No evident folds. Guessing this could well be in mint state.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5232 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photo is out of focus so hard to judge but I still see what could a fold between U and N in United and another between A and M in America.

If it's just embossing could be uncirculated. Blurry pictures don't help.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add equalizr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try & get a better picture tomm-
so led flashlight to the side no over head light or other light- shoot straight on it with camera?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3747 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  01:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More or less yes. My cheap LED "torch" was purchased at Home Depot for under $15.00. Like I mentioned earlier, play around with it and when you get it right you should see embossing, handling marks and possibly paper waves. All of these being present typically indicates the note has original paper qualities and hasn't been pressed.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70089 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, sharper pics with strong side lighting should resolve this.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add equalizr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
is this any better led light on side?

thought on note ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3747 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are the best photos so far, thanks. The note has a natural paper wave and excellent embossing. I'd say it's all original and uncirculated.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add equalizr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Steve

Can I say that in the description on eBay
I believe it to be uncirculated it has a natural paper weave an excellent embossing as seen in the the pictures, that I just put up here
and put some of the other picture showing it in the plastic case that I got it in?
and what would it go for or what should I ask?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5232 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Steve. Note looks uncirculated. Really nice paper wave.

I don't really buy on eBay, I picked up an uncirculated one for $80 cash locally so I would assume eBay would be $120-$150.

Might be more eBay prices tend to be higher than local prices.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add equalizr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks can I say "uncirculated" on eBay is it safe?
Where somebody will come back and say it's not uncirculated
or should I say I believed it to be uncirculated because the paper has a great wave and very nice embossing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5232 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can say whatever you want. The seller on eBay can return for any reason even if you say no returns and you are 100% accurate. The buyer is at a disadvantage on eBay. It's a nice note, and you'll probably do well, check sold listings. Because it's not slabbed you might get less than if it was slabbed.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add equalizr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree we are at a disadvantage.
does slabbed mean encased ?
would you put uncirculated the the listing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5232 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
does slabbed mean encased ?

Slabbed means 3rd party graded (like the below). Have you considered selling to a local coin shop? You might not get eBay prices but you will get cash and a quick sale.

Quote:
would you put uncirculated the the listing?

Yes, my title would be: "Beautiful Uncirculated and Original 1923 $1 Silver certificate"

In the description:

"Hello all, I have a beautiful, original and uncirculated 1923 $1 Silver certificate. Look at the side lighting pictures you can see that the note has natural paper weave and excellent embossing. Look at the front picture, the note is just pretty. I can see no handling marks. Look at the pictures and judge for yourself. Price is firm, but please let me know if you have any questions or want other pictures.

Thanks for looking

Please Note: Sale is as is, no returns, look at the pictures, what you see is what you get"
Edited by hfjacinto
05/22/2022 8:16 pm
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add equalizr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love your title and description may I use it verbatim for ebay? Certainly better than anything I could ever wright
how about an auction do you think that would do well? Running 7 days or would you put it up for a buy It Now price? If so what number?
I trust you in this area way more than me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5232 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes you can use what ever I posted. As to how to sell it, I'm sorry, I really can't help there. The issue with this note is that its really one that should be 3rd party graded to get the most money. I'm afraid the way the market is with an auction you might get low bid and with a buy it now you might not get much traction. If its me I would do a Buy It Now, and if I wanted to sell it quickly I would price in the low $100 (may $105) if I wanted a full price I may try for mid $100's (like $135). Please note that I paid $80 for mine, so I can't say what a good ebay price is, I don't buy currency on ebay. Maybe Steve can help you with pricing.
Edited by hfjacinto
05/22/2022 8:43 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 1,313Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: