Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has Anyone Found A Nickel Or Nickels With Mh Carved Into The Obverse?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 366Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
3099 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  08:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have found 3-4 in the last year or two and the letters are always on the obverse M on the left of the beaver H on the right side. The letters seem pretty precisely carved on all the examples I have seen. I assume it's just some Randome person carving there initials, I'm just curiouser if anyone else has come across this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8525 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possibly a counterstamp, but can't say for sure. Suggest posting full, large and sharp pics of the obverse and reverse. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3099 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone able to post the link that was posted for the mobile friendly optimizer? I can't remember what thread it was in. It looks more engraved then a counter stamp. It's possible I suppose the carved then with the beaver upside down and the initials are actually HW but it looks more like an MH. If someone posts the optimizer link I'll post the pic, I haven't posted a picture since the old optimizer stopped working.

Edit: it's most likely just random graffiti from someone so I'm just more curiouser if others have been seen, iv found 3-4 roll hunting in Hamilton ont, it's possible I can across the same one several times as I never really put much thought into it other then the fact that they are damaged coins. I mark all my rolls so it could even be the same one switch rolls 4 Times in the last year or two and ended up back with me lol. There would be no added value for this kind of this as it's just a defaced coin to me lol.

Just realized there is a new optimizer, here is the engraving I'll have to get used to this new one so I can get my pic quality back up.
Edited by Wrekkdd
05/17/2022 09:19 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1632 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you start a new thread or reply to one, down below the text box where you type are the links for the new optimizer, pixlr. One is for desktop, one is for mobile.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15199 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The initials have been hand scratched onto the coin.
If there is more than one out there, I am sure that there
would be slight differences in them.
Perhaps keep this photo and if you come across another
one, you can compare it to see if it is the same one or not.
But as you say, it is just a damaged coin now.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 366Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: