Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello From Illinois! Question About American Eagle Silver Coin Sets.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 317Next Topic  

United States
0 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  6:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add C8RS6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, ill just quickly say I'm not a collector but want to diversify into metals. I was looking for a well rated shop in the Chicagoland area and got a FB ad for Bradford (i get it, already red flag advertising on FB) offering a set of American Eagle silver coin sets for 20$. Does that make any sense? Picture shows apx 20 coins and silver going for 23ish an ounce is hard to believe. Anyone with experience? Greatly appreciated for this newbie
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
20731 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
A cultivated person is a citizen of the world*
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45152 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pardon me if you already know some of this but....

Be careful to only buy from well established reputable dealers. There are some companies that advertise in newspapers and charge very high prices. I would avoid Bradford Exchange, avoid buying coins on Facebook, avoid online sellers that have prices way below usual prices. They are likely fakes.

There are YouTube channels about silver/gold bullion/collecting. Some are good, some not so much. One is called T The Silver Stacker. He has interviewed several Chicago area coin stores. Check out these interviews. They look like honest good dealers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF...1Ch2AEAcME7Q

And here is a YouTube video on why to stay away from Bradford. Though this is about Morgan/Peace dollars the same applies with their Silver Eagle sets, way overpriced and not respected by collectors.

O2LekPuXt-c

As for online dealers I trust, Bullion Exchanges, SD Bullion, JM Bullion, APMEX, Liberty Coin and others.

Edited by livingwater
05/18/2022 2:26 pm
Learn More...
United States
38666 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  09:19 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a set of American Eagle silver coin sets for 20$. Does that make any sense?
Of course it does not make sense.

Can you post the picture here?
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaxenro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There you go $120 per coin plus $10 shipping. Notice it says each issue In other words each coin

Biggest rip off I have seen in a while not even proof or MS70 coins

Basically a roll would run you $2,600 or about $2,000 too much

https://www.bradfordexchange.com/pr...lection.html
Edited by jaxenro
05/18/2022 8:00 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 317Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: