Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Actual Pictures Of 1931-D Lincoln Cleaned Or At Or OK

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 324Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
701 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  6:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Does this Lincoln look the right color?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3825 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Color and luster look much better with these pics, but it looks like slight wear on the cheek. I'd have to say AU-58.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8174 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pics make it look good to me. Nice coin.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Pillar of the Community
United States
6437 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Classic Monday/Friday coin!

On a Monday grading session = AU+; on a Friday afternoon grading session = 63
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10498 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it looks righteous based on these images.
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68834 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good, I'll say AU-58.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17957 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's fine, that's how these look. My only concern is what looks like a scratch across the beard that extends below the ear.

MUCH better pictures here - I don't have to guess the color. I really like the reverse! I stand by MS-63. If the luster is down and also considering a medium hit in a prime field area.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
05/17/2022 10:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12199 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i dont think the mottled fields indicate AT. tough call on AU58 or MS63. I'm leaning to the MS side. the odd coloration could be from the way it was stored over the years maybe in some type of holder that rubbed against the surfaces. it could have been a paper holder where the sulfur reacted a little bit with the copper as it looks like there are green tones here and there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4634 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not seeing anything too unusual in the color. A solid MS-63RB in my opinion.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 324Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: