Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Some Back Story On This 2020 ATB Weir Park, With A W MM And A V75 Emblem On The West Of Obvers

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 649Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  10:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I just came across this 2020 ATB, and I've had my eye out for any W MM's, but after seeing the V75 emblem, I started researching! So NGC, characterizes it as a "great American coin hunt" or something similar, but I'm having trouble finding what was the purpose of this edition? So are these coins collectable, do they carry any premium, what are the #'s of them actually accounted for, as I saw where there were just a few that weren't mint state! Also is this a game, where collectors are to put em back in circulation, or should I hold onto it, which I really want to do!! But if I'm suppose to just snap a pic and send back out into circ, I feel like I should do that more, especially all the gracious gifts that have been bombarded towards my niece!

And yes I've used the search engine above but couldn't really find a backstory or rarity, or really any info on it value or purpose

Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find. 2 million W mint of each quarter design were released into circulation in 2019 & 2020. I've searched through $1000 in quarters and haven't found one yet
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm having trouble finding what was the purpose of this edition

The V75 is for the 75th anniversary of the conclusion of WWII (V=victory, 75= 75 years)

Quote:
should I hold onto it

Yes you should hang onto it. only 1 million of these were made - divided between the 5 coin issues of that year. so of the coin you found only 200K were minted.
Edited by Dearborn
05/18/2022 08:07 am
Learn More...
United States
23674 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ccb, that is a fun find. For backstory, there have been a few threads talking about the WWII Victory v75 privy mark, including these two:

http://goccf.com/t/365358
http://goccf.com/t/406507

You may also be interested in this CoinWorld article:
https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...h-privy-mark
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow! Cool!
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
521 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great circulation find & worthy of a 2 X 2.
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Man I was so close to putting this guy into my "spend" box, I caught a glimpse of that W, which I'd read somewhere about the west point mint, but did not know anything about the V75, which I didn't see til after noticing the MM, which caused a closer look
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So if this was an attempt to recruit new collectors, then they need a better marketing program! Wait, nevermind, we're talking about government, almost forgot! I've never heard of this special series of quarters, only learned about it after I found it in my pocket! And for that matter, I'd never heard about a west point mint til a few short months ago, after taking a more serious approach to coin collecting!
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  01:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always nice to find a 'W', hang onto it and start a set. There were actually, 2 million 'W' mint of each of the 5 ATB Quarters issued in 2019 and 2020, (10 million total 2019 and 10 million total in 2020). The 2020 were the only ones with the V75 privy mark for the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII.
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  04:40 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a keeper, nice find
Edited by Chopped Triumphs
05/19/2022 04:42 am
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So were there 1 million of each the 5 designs, or just 1 mill, divided by the 5 designs (or 200K per design)? Just for 2020
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 million of each of the 5 designs for 2020.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to go back and re-read what I posted up above and now correct my error:

Quote:
10 Million 'W' Mint Mark and 'V75' Privy Mark Quarters for 2020

Equally mixed across the five unique 2020 quarter designs, there will be a combined ten million quarters made for circulation with the "V75" privy mark and "W" mint mark. They will be issued as part of the U.S. Mint's America the Beautiful Quarters® Program which celebrates national parks and other national sites in each state, D.C., and U.S. territory.

So, 2 million were minted for each individual coin type - not 200K (my memory and math really stinks these days)
Sorry for any confusion
Valued Member
United States
391 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CCB420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to say; I like the 200k math better! I'm just gonna stick with that one
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that works for me. But 2 mil ain't that bad either. Think about it this way - in my city (Phoenix Metro area in AZ) has over 5 million people. in just my city not everyone can get one. And to still find one in the wild is completely awesome.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 649Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: