Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Need Help With A 1993 D Lincoln Penny It Looks Silver Or Black

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 508Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 1coiny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This 1993 D Lincoln Penny weighs 5.0 grams, and is larger than the comparison penny.
Any thoughts?
Lots of pictures are attached.
Thank you.
My apologies as I've just previewed my post and some pictures are sideways.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1750 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  12:07 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably a cast counterfeit/token.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45121 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  04:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a "Texas" cent.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15192 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Are you sure about the weight?
If it was a Texas Cent, it would weigh 2.5g
Edited by JimmyD
05/18/2022 07:12 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45121 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I missed the stated weight, if accurate it must be a novelty item of some sort.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
23699 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@1coin, my initial thought was that this was a so-called Texas Cent too. Please confirm that you've posted the correct weight. If so, then I'd be interested for you to perform a specific gravity test. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9073 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68918 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please confirm the weight.

to the CCF!
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ADCD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, looks like the D is doubled also.
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
note the edge, it may have been enlarged to fit in a pendent or something.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58071 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel the weight is incorrect. The area to the SE is DDD starting on that device. So post an image with another coin and this one with each ones weight. If the tare on your scale is off, it will show the same/different weights of two different coins from that year.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1165 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes looks like a Texas cent. Larger in dia. looks like there is still some plating left. Recheck weight.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1coiny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Spence, The weight we posted is correct and we would like to do the gravity test.
Learn More...
United States
23699 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thx for double-checking the weight for us. I'm definitely surprised, but excited because now you have something that we don't see once a week. A bit of a mystery right now!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1coiny1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you coop. We would also like to follow your instructions, and will do so on the morrow.
Many thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58071 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is what all of us here are trying to do. This rewinds our clocks. (Boy, does that date me? My Grandson was unaware of the term "Clockwise" )
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 508Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: