Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fake Silver Eagles On Ebay

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 495Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  10:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dunkleosteus430 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2656970858...s&media=COPY

Yeah, it's obviously a fake silver eagle on eBay. I guess I'll report it. It's just interesting seeing how they advertise it -- "Also is rust resistance, full of commemorative value."
#128580;

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Learn More...
United States
39159 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They will be removed.
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like them but I also don't think they should be removed. They saying they are steel, not silver. Maybe they changed the description since you bought it up?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10523 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The image of the reverse shows 1 oz. fine silver. That's enough just cause to nuke the listing in my opinion.
1883-O Nut
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21916 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't like them but I also don't think they should be removed. They saying they are steel, not silver.

So what? Can I make counterfeit 20s and sell them as long as I say it's on the wrong paper?

ASEs are US legal tender so these are counterfeit US Currency. Counterfeit is counterfeit, no matter how you sugar coat it. They end up on a flea market table or resold on ebay and people get ripped off. If you truly believe this listing is ok, unfortunately you're a part of the problem.
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dunkleosteus430 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It also doesn't say "COPY" on it, which I'm pretty sure is required by federal law to enter the U.S. As bobby131313 said, it says "One Dollar," so it's technically just a counterfeit coin. As dave700x said, it also says "One Ounce .999 Fine Silver" on the reverse, which is also fraudulent. The worst part, of course, is the improper grammar. I mean, they could at least try to translate stuff.
Another thing is that this is one of the first listing that comes up when you click on the "U.S. Coins" category on eBay.
Edited by dunkleosteus430
05/19/2022 09:20 am
Learn More...
United States
39159 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  09:34 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay policy: NO replica coins, no exceptions.

A while back eBay allowed replicas marked copy. Sellers were digitally adding COPY to the images, then sending unmarked coins.

If the seller shows a coin marked .999 silver, but states it is iron, what will the person buying it say it is made out of?
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 495Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: