Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2008-(W) Silver Eagle $1 (Reverse Of 2007?) Greysheet Pricing Clarification Needed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 348Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3224 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  5:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When I check out my NGC '08 W Eagle S $1 on GreySheet on-line, the 'reverse of a '07' is all that pops up.

Does that mean that ALL '08 W Eagle S $1 have a 'reverse of a '07'?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8804 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure why grey sheet is stating only the reverse of o7 for the 2008-W ASE but no the 2008-W with the reverse of the 07 is fairly rare and costly. Only about 47,000 were minted with the wrong reverse.

https://coinvalues.com/american-silver-eagle/2008

Quote:
Estimated Value of 2008-W American Silver Eagle (Burnished Uncirculated - Reverse of 2007 Variety) is Worth $492 or more in Uncirculated (MS+) Mint Condition.
One very rare and major variety is the 2008-W "Reverse of 2007" Burnished Uncirculated American Silver Eagle. In 2008 there was a major design change on the reverse of the coin. Most burnished silver eagles of 2008 (533757 minted) have the newer design. Although a smaller number of them (47000 minted) still had the older design on the reverse of the coin - used in 2007 and in earlier years. This variety is one of the rarest and most valuable silver eagle varieties. The difference between the Reverse of 2007 vs Reverse of 2008 is depicted below in the example comparison image. Note the differences in the tilde between the words "SILVER" and "ONE" - also the differences between the letter "U" in "UNITED" and the general differences in the styling of all the other letters as well as the spacing between the lettering and the rim of the coin:

MS-65 costs about $492.00 USD. (mine was graded as an MS-69)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3224 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...depicted below in the example comparison image.

Is there a URL to this side-by-side comparison photo of both coins together?

That would help me more since I am better with visuals etc.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglebub7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've watched a few ebay auctions on this bullion, they're going for about $1,100.00 +/-. Comparison images of the 2 reverses.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8804 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3224 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@eaglebub7

I was wondering how you inserted your side-by-side shot. Normally whenever I click on any photo within a CCF thread, the photo pops up an enlarged photo that can be manipulated even more.

This feature is helpful to see the finer points like the ones you are pointing out. Unfortunately, this feature does not function while clicking on your photo. Could you describe the steps you took to insert it into your most recent post so as to elicit suggestions on how to activate this function etc.

This will definitely help the viewers better differentiate between the two coins.
Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglebub7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I was wondering how you inserted your side-by-side shot. Normally whenever I click on any photo within a CCF thread, the photo pops up an enlarged photo that can be manipulated even more.

@mdpmedia, I sniped that image from the web when I was researching this version, it was on already a side by side image. Honestly, I just use the upload tool provided by CCF. I don't use the Pixlr optimizer, as I find it easier to do file reductions on my PC. The file type I "save as" to upload, are standard jpg, or jpeg images, maybe that has something to do with it? Suggestions are welcome if I'm missing a step, or inserting wrong file types.

Eagle
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3224 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@eagle

I just found this side-by-side of the reverse sides of the 2008 vs the 2007 ASE.

Once I found the desired image I used the Microsoft10 snip tool to capture and save this image to my desktop as a .jpg extension.

Then at this point:

1) go to the 'upload image' (next to the green camera) on this CCF page
2) click on 'Choose File' &
3) click on 'Upload File to eagle's post' etc.

ALWAYS use the 'Preview' feature on CCF to verify the uploaded image and your spellings of words etc.

DONE

Valued Member
United States
61 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglebub7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@mdpmedia said "Normally whenever I click on any photo within a CCF thread, the photo pops up an enlarged photo that can be manipulated even more."

I do the same when downloading on Windows11. Thanks also for the uploading tip however, I upload exactly as you describe.

I thought your point was, the inability to click my photo to enlarge it. I cannot click your recent photo within this thread, to have it pop up, so I can enlarge it. You're also inserting same file type I did, "jpg", not sure what I'm missing.

Eagle

Edited by eaglebub7
05/21/2022 12:18 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3224 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mdpmedia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...cannot click your recent photo within this thread

I also did the same as you did on my post w/o success. I sent an 'IM' to the mods to investigate.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21870 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  06:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The image must be big enough to require enlargement based on the users window size. The images in this topic are small and likely already showing full size.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 348Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: