Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1895 O Barber Quarter Toner Low Grade

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 350Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1087 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My dealer surprised me with about 40 + Barber quarters lot he had in bank box. Commons and not so common. In 10 minutes I had to stop due to appointment but laid 12 to the side and brought these baby's home.
Will post some more on the other dates 5 of them are PQ toned all are easily straight grades. I digress, check out those shifty mintmarks on these 2 originals. Its been a few months since I had my hands on a dealers old back up box...and he has 25 Barber dimes will go through in a.m.
Enjoy, and thoughts on grade?
Didn't take them out as am hesitant to soak them in acetone, truth be told acetone has erased completely dynamite toning on 3 of 70 barbers I rinsed last winter. Not a high number but the blue and black and red were natural and should have been left alone. Anyone else had coins where acetone backfired?
These are possible to find but difficult, other collectors watched me and were amused at how quickly I laid down 12 coins, paid cash, then out the door. Not many barber fanatics in my parts of the woods. Their all going to ANACS in 2 weeks.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68812 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both look like textbook G-06 to me.
Edited by Coinfrog
05/18/2022 7:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2835 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First coin (centered mm), solid G-06, reverse almost VG-08
Second coin (mm right), weaker, but still G-06.

Nice eye appeal and circulation cameos. Great buys!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3620 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to do a double take at they look like the same coin. I am at 06 on both. Nice examples for grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just learned something to bookmark in my brain - the 1895-S quarter has the bouncing mint mark and so does the 1895-O.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1087 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Busy day today, finally sat down popped them all out and decided acetone was needed. All had that gooie filmy gas station feel, 30 minutes in acetone cured all but 3 of that. Other ones get the overnight treatment to get the grit out of date numerals. and those arrows. Pretty good journeyman on spiffng these old thin plugs learned the hard way: don't ever never use toothpick, thorn from rosebush, coin-care, rub with felt cloth, look at too hard etc. etc.
The only way I ever was successful at on these is a dip in acetone, dry, then those crackly 2 2 safe flips. My claim to fame was stapling all my beautiful Barber quarters dated with the rarity rating and mintage, too bad I ruined a nice VG-10 1892 P with a gash on her rim $30.00 coin sown to melt in a split second.
Will start loading a few posts with my dozen pick ups. These things are not valuable per-see but their tough to find in attractive G +
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12199 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
both G6
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23893 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2022  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G-6 for both.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 350Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: