Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

LGBTQ / Gay Rights Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 370Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
66 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  8:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add drowning to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am wondering if anyone knows of or collects coins related to LGBTQ+ / Gay Rights.

So far I am only aware of 3 legit coins:
Canada $1 from 2019
Canada $10 from 2019
Upcoming UK 50p (coming July 2022?)

I have found tokens, but am only interested in legal tender.

Any other coins around?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19692 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my cup of tea.
I don't collect any World commemorative coin after about 1950.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3964 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being openly and proudly gay, I would.

Anyway to buy these fabulous coins?

Pride has spread to stamps recently with many liberal countries issuing Rainbow community themed issues in the past 10 - 15 years, but coins are a bit slower on the uptake.

I am also interested in how many Gay Men and Women collect coins out of interest and of course everyone else in the community too. I honestly think I am the only one on this site at times.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
777 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll forgive me, of course, but this is the lowest topic for collecting.
I think even in liberal countries, society is still hostile to LGBT people. But thank you, it turns out that some countries have already started issuing coins, this is a bold step.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  02:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canada has a very strong LGQT community, I am friends with many people in the community. My fiance is bi so I have always gone to the parade with her to show support. I believe we came out with our first circulation issue LGBT coin in 2009 as a loonie. I got one in my change today actually, and I have seen people colour the loonie to make it into a piece of art. I'm not aware if there is any other circulation issue LGBT coin in any other country. Here I can't even remember the full name if the community lol last time I checked it was literally LGBQTY?21, can't even tell you what it all stands for.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10546 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  02:55 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The UK is releasing a 50p coin devoted to the subject this year!
http://royalmint-8223103.hs-sites.c...NYQRPweOpi-g
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3117 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  03:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The UK is releasing a 50p coin devoted to the subject this year!

That's quite an eye appealing design imo, the Canadian loonie looks better when it's painted like some of the art pieces iv seen.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 370Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: