Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Price Of Cook Island Silver Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 379Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
759 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  01:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How much is this coin worth ? How much do such silver coins of Cook, Niue and other exotic places cost in general.
Is $123 a normal price for this coin ?
Valued Member
Japan
349 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bungle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on the demand for the coin.
This orchid coin only has a mintage of 908, but most people probably do not even know that it exists.

There is a Red-back spider coin from Tuvalu, dated 2006, that costs over $500.
They made a Russian version in 2011, but the design is different, with "Redback spider" (#1082;#1088;#1072;#1089;#1085;#1086;#1089;#1087;#1080;#1085;#1085;#1099;#1081; #1087;#1072;#1091;#1082;) written in Russian on the coin.
Most people do not want the Russian version, even though the mintage is lower and it only costs about $100.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2014 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably the bullion value - I think a lot of Cook Islands commemoratives get sold at a premium but I'm not sure that there is a much of a market for them.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
759 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to buy it as a small investment in silver.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1166 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I want to buy it as a small investment in silver.

I would have thought that all these types of coins are flogged by the mints with a premium WAY above melt value so it would take several decades before you would see any return on your investment in 'silver'. As a numismatic investment it might be a different proposition, but highly dependent on how collectable the coin becomes. Good luck.
Learn More...
United States
38583 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin would not be a good "investment in silver".
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3818 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. It's an attractive coin, but at $123, it's valued at more than 5 times melt value. It's unlikely it will ever appreciate much regardless of what happens to silver prices.
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
759 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller is ready to bargain. He offered me a price of $89, I think I can lower the price a little more. About 6 years ago I bought a similar coin for $ 44 (2700 rubles), now this coin is being sold at a price of $ 80 (5000 rubles). The price has increased, the price of metal + premium has increased.
Valued Member
United States
214 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen dealers sell such colorized coins for high premiums, but rarely they do maintain their value, it seems to me.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 379Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: