Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 P Roosevelt Dime Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 233Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
109 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  10:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Garbanzo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1999 P Roosevelt dime error. I'm having problems with this site being so confusing and don't know if I'm doing this right so please excuse me if this post is not coming across properly. I just found what I call the broken nose defect and want to ask for any comments on it.
Thanks.
Learn More...
United States
23660 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gar, sorry that you are struggling a bit with the functionality of the website.

It looks to me like this dime was struck with an over polished die. Polishing is done to preserve dies that have previously clashed.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68778 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58032 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome. Here is a link that will help you with the information you desire:
http://goccf.com/t/421419#3625914
This is called Feeder Finger Damage. This topic is covered on the link above. (Kink of a question that is already answered by subject link above.
This is a massive link of answers to questions you've not thought of yet. The link above will take you to that subject. The CoopHome Like will take you the link of all the other answered question links. This is designed to help you find answers faster. Note that it is blue? That means when you click on it, it will take you there. On the site other subjects turn blue so you can find quick answers to questions quickly. Use these, you will get an instant answer. Great to see to you here. We always welcome questions.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Garbanzo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coop.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8902 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2022  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure does look like the bridge of the nose was polished down, probably to remove other unwanted marks that the die had on it.
Edited by Dearborn
05/19/2022 9:09 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 233Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: